Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Car seat/booster question and recommendation-

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:59 pm
Can a 34 lb child go in a high back booster? So far whatever I’ve seen on amazon says 40+.
I have a Cosco car/booster seat. Problem is we go to lots of appointments and it’s an older kid (just off the charts weight/height) and shlepping a big car seat plus stroller is horrible for my back.

Any suggestions?

Tia!

SG18

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:27 pm
Why are you shlepping the car seat? Take the kid out and put in a stroller.
I haven't taken my car seat out of the car since 4 months old, and my child isn't very big or old. And even then, it was only when my husband was with us, because car seats are heavy (even infant ones). I always just put her in the stroller for errands.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:32 pm
Usually it is 40 pounds and up. And that is a minimum. It is about safety and car crash testing. The weight matters.
I used for one kid a FF car seat that weighed the same as a high back booster. The difference is it has the 5 point harness so it could be used for smaller kids. That harness you could take off and turn it into a high back booster when they are big enough to meet minimums for the booster.
It was really light- I am not super strong but I could lift it with one hand.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:18 am
The bigger question is how old is the kid.
Until age 5 at least they need the harness. But a harnessed booster is essentially the same weight as a booster.

We have Evenflo Chase Sport Harnessed Booster Car Seat, Jayden 18x18.5x29.5 Inch (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D.....ss_tl for my 3 year old and it's not super heavy.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:20 am
SG18 wrote:
Why are you shlepping the car seat? Take the kid out and put in a stroller.
I haven't taken my car seat out of the car since 4 months old, and my child isn't very big or old. And even then, it was only when my husband was with us, because car seats are heavy (even infant ones). I always just put her in the stroller for errands.

I'm assuming OP is using carservices and doesn't have her own car
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics