Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I hate parenting please help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:39 am
Oldest (8): smart, artistic, clever and funny, extremely manipulative of his younger brother, great with the baby

Middle (5): sensory seeking behavior, energetic, super social always needing friends, pushes boundaries, when guests come he’s super hyper and gets all touchy with wild with them, day to day he has a hard time listening to requests like “get dressed,” will throw things and be wild and obnoxious when upset

Baby (2) cute and easy lol but middle child starts up with the baby all the time

But I can’t stand my 5 yo wild behavior and the constant fighting between oldest and middle & middle and youngest. I can’t. I have no clue how to handle it. Dh doesn’t either, he just yells. Im crying rn because im so burnt out

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:47 am
My middle is like that too. Nurtured Heart Approach helped a lot. Look into it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:49 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My middle is like that too. Nurtured Heart Approach helped a lot. Look into it.

Are there any podcasts on it? I have the book but by the time he’s asleep at night I’m burnt out and don’t want to read about this stuff

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:29 am
OP I can help you - btdt. Email me chavapage9@gmail.com

giftedmom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:40 am
Get him evaluated. If he qualifies for a diagnoses there are agencies that can guide and help you.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:43 am
giftedmom wrote:
Get him evaluated. If he qualifies for a diagnoses there are agencies that can guide and help you.

Just came to say this.
It sounds like he can benefit from therapy.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are there any podcasts on it? I have the book but by the time he’s asleep at night I’m burnt out and don’t want to read about this stuff

My 5 year old sounds exactly like I yours. I’ve tried the nurtured heart approach and while it does help there’s no magic cure. Parenting such a child is emotionally mentally and physically draining. I tried many dissent approached actually. Therapy, evaluations ect

He just needs kids of love and empathy. Tight hugs laughs tickles and lots of prayers.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:50 am
Join their community:
https://handsonapproaches.com/.....nity/
Podcasts
Lives to listen to every week by phone or online with SUPPORT
Blogs
Instagram
What’s app group

I couldn’t afford them for treatment but just their shares are so supportive. They do a live talk for parents every Friday.Saving my sanity and actually giving practical tips.

It’s a journey. ❤️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics