Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need to work but How or What???!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:19 pm
Some background on me. I have severe ADHD that I am medicated for and in therapy. Over the years of battling ADHD I developed anxiety. I am very proactive about dealing with my mental health issues and I do my best.
The thing is because of my struggles we have some increased expenses. We need more cleaning help for example. I make a lot of mistakes that cost money (mixing up dates for things, ordering the wrong sizes, forgetting about a return). I want to get a job and contribute to the family, not just be a drain on our finances.
My husband is a tzaddik. He is so loving and has never criticized or judged me. This is absolutely not coming from him.
Ok so back to the work thing. I don't have a college degree (I could barely pass school). I am very creative but I have no creative talents. I am terrible with my hands and not artistic at all at all. I cannot do techie things because I make lots of mistakes, because I forget details all the time. I honestly do not have the patience for kids and I would be the type of teacher who forgets to mark things or misplacing the spelling tests. I don't know how to explain this all properly, I hope I am. Details, deadlines, things that need to be exact, or need to be kept track of are all very difficult for me.
I'm pretty useless I guess.
I have amazing people skills. Thats my whole skills list lol.
Ok now anyone have ideas how I can make money?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:20 pm
Work in a store as a salesperson?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:23 pm
My first thought also was work in a clothing store or some type of showroom

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:28 pm
There are jobs for you. Look up ONet online.
I would suggest offhand: working with preschool age children, hospitality industry, salesperson, companion or babysitting

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:35 pm
Sales depends on what your selling. How are your writing skills? My former coworker who did our sales wrote the cringiest emails which is one of multiple reasons she no longer works here. In many industries sales has a lot of written communication vs in person. Lots of emails before you get an in person meeting or phone call.

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Some background on me. I have severe ADHD that I am medicated for and in therapy. Over the years of battling ADHD I developed anxiety. I am very proactive about dealing with my mental health issues and I do my best.
The thing is because of my struggles we have some increased expenses. We need more cleaning help for example. I make a lot of mistakes that cost money (mixing up dates for things, ordering the wrong sizes, forgetting about a return). I want to get a job and contribute to the family, not just be a drain on our finances.
My husband is a tzaddik. He is so loving and has never criticized or judged me. This is absolutely not coming from him.
Ok so back to the work thing. I don't have a college degree (I could barely pass school). I am very creative but I have no creative talents. I am terrible with my hands and not artistic at all at all. I cannot do techie things because I make lots of mistakes, because I forget details all the time. I honestly do not have the patience for kids and I would be the type of teacher who forgets to mark things or misplacing the spelling tests. I don't know how to explain this all properly, I hope I am. Details, deadlines, things that need to be exact, or need to be kept track of are all very difficult for me.
I'm pretty useless I guess.
I have amazing people skills. Thats my whole skills list lol.
Ok now anyone have ideas how I can make money?

I also have severe ADHD and it took me a few careers but I found something that I like and am mostly good at I hope lol. But the bolded is all stuff that I taught myself early on. I have learned many strategies for coping and thriving because most jobs and also running my life really requires it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics