Home

Crockpot Shabbos meal

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

miamimom93




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:14 pm
Looking for ideas for Shabbos lunch that can be cooked in the crockpot - other than cholent.

Last edited by miamimom93 on Fri, Aug 12 2022, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

imanotmommy




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 12:36 am
I like to put in green lentils, water (about equal to the amount of lentils, more if you want it to have some liquid left at the end), diced tomatoes, salt/spices, and I add a small piece of meat or even some sliced hot dogs for extra flavor.
Back to top

snooper86




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 1:37 am
Are you looking for something other than cholent? Growing up Chasidish that’s our typical Shabbos lunch crockpot dish. It’s super easy and really cheap. It’s beans, potatoes, sautéed onions and a little meat or chicken, with water and spices or any sauces you’d like (I put bbq sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, honey/maple syrup sometimes and sometimes even Coca Cola)….
Back to top

cbg




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 8:35 am
imanotmommy wrote:
I like to put in green lentils, water (about equal to the amount of lentils, more if you want it to have some liquid left at the end), diced tomatoes, salt/spices, and I add a small piece of meat or even some sliced hot dogs for extra flavor.


FYI- some ppl consider lentils avelut food and won’t eat them on Shabbat
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 9:05 am
Lamb stew
Pulled beef
Vegetable stew with a bit of meat
Yapchik
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 9:09 am
We sometimes do goulash but it's very similar to cholent


You can prob do something like chicken cacciatore
Back to top

preciousmommy




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 10:12 am
SuperWify wrote:
Lamb stew
Pulled beef
Vegetable stew with a bit of meat
Yapchik


My family loves yapchik in the crockpot.
Back to top

elisheva25




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 12:47 pm
I am trying Chicken soup this Shabbos, putting it in raw right before Shabbos . Let’s see how it works out .
Back to top

snailmail




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 5:48 pm
snooper86 wrote:
Are you looking for something other than cholent? Growing up Chasidish that’s our typical Shabbos lunch crockpot dish. It’s super easy and really cheap. It’s beans, potatoes, sautéed onions and a little meat or chicken, with water and spices or any sauces you’d like (I put bbq sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, honey/maple syrup sometimes and sometimes even Coca Cola)….


This is just cholent!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Shabbos robes for little girls on budget
by amother
26 Sun, Sep 25 2022, 5:24 pm View last post
Shabbos shoes for me and daughter- what’s in style?
by amother
0 Sun, Sep 25 2022, 5:06 am View last post
Girls velvet shabbos dress size 14/16
by amother
3 Sat, Sep 24 2022, 11:52 pm View last post
Message regarding shabbos mode for shabbos and Yom Tov 3 Thu, Sep 22 2022, 2:08 pm View last post
Comfy elegant Shabbos clothes
by amother
20 Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:36 pm View last post