Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Polio in NYC wastewater
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:27 pm
I used to agree with this argument.
After people used it to mistakenly bludgeon others during covid I simply cannot make this argument in good faith anymore though it sure might apply to polio. and after we have seen all the coverups it makes it hard to use these arguments. I agree it might apply to polio and measles.
However, I now understand why a lot of people have no trust in our institutions anymore. Even those well intentioned who believe what they're saying. So this is the backlash backfiring of the lying coercion. And the double standards with strict restrictions and coercion and mandates but not applying to unchecked illegal immigration who could be all unvaxed and contagious for all the authorities cared....
Hashem Yishmor.

octopus

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:32 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
This is the song that was sung about the covid vaccine and is now being proven false as the vaccinated spread covid too. People have the right to make their own healthcare choice whether you like it or not. I'm not an anti vaxxer at all but this rhetoric doesn't really have a place in democracy. All those people who lost their jobs because they wouldn't take the covid vax and now the cdc says to treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same....you think they are getting their jobs back? Wasn't there a version of the polio vaccine that caused polio to spread? Stop placing all your beliefs in the vaccine companies that have been proven to be liars time and time again.

How can you compare the polio vaccine to the covid vaccine? The polio vaccine actually works! The live polio vaccine didn't spread polio. It caused some of the people who took it to actually get polio. The live polio vaccine is not given in the USA anymore. The inactive polio vaccine is given. Like I said before people with little babies like me are nervous because they didn't finish their series of shots. I will be discussing with the pediatrician. You don't finish it until 4 years of age.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:33 pm
This is the song that was sung about the covid vaccine and is now being proven false as the vaccinated spread covid too. People have the right to make their own healthcare choice whether you like it or not. I'm not an anti vaxxer at all but this rhetoric doesn't really have a place in democracy. All those people who lost their jobs because they wouldn't take the covid vax and now the cdc says to treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same....you think they are getting their jobs back? Wasn't there a version of the polio vaccine that caused polio to spread? Stop placing all your beliefs in the vaccine companies that have been proven to be liars time and time again.
The strain of polio that is spreading now is a vaccine derived strain, iow, the outbreak began with a vaccine. Granted it’s not the version we use in the US any longer, but still… come on. Yes, if you take ipv you can’t get sick from opv. So now we need vaccines to protect us from other vaccines.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:33 pm
octopus wrote:
How can you compare the polio vaccine to the covid vaccine? The polio vaccine actually works! The live polio vaccine didn't spread polio. It caused some of the people who took it to actually get polio. The live polio vaccine is not given in the USA anymore. The inactive polio vaccine is given. Like I said before people with little babies like me are nervous because they didn't finish their series of shots. I will be discussing with the pediatrician. You don't finish it until 4 years of age.
The strain going around now was in fact caused by vaccines.

octopus

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:37 pm
Even if that were the case, it's not from the type of vaccine that is given in the USA. The IPV shots is still effective. I don't know how you know that it is vaccine derived. Anyway it's almost shabbos. I hope and pray that everyone stays healthy.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:40 pm
octopus wrote:

False.
The person who got polio in rockland did not take any vaccine. Apparently he caught it from someone who took the opv. Which means the oral polio vaccine (cuz that's what opv stands for) spread the polio.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:42 pm
octopus wrote:
Even if that were the case, it's not from the type of vaccine that is given in the USA. The IPV shots is still effective. I don't know how you know that it is vaccine derived. Anyway it's almost shabbos. I hope and pray that everyone stays healthy.

Read any of the news articles about the case in Rockland county. They all report that his case is the vaccine-strain of polio and it's genetically linked to the cases in the uk and israel.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:46 pm
This is what happens when the authorities are proven to be repeatedly and knowingly lying: no one believes them anymore. They lose all credibility. They are exposed to be operating with an agenda.
challenging times.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:50 pm
And when supposedly objective institutions for our benefit turn out to be weaponized against us and our civil rights all in the name of supposed public health.
The scales have fallen nay been ripped from our eyes.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 3:52 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
This is what happens when the authorities are proven to be repeatedly and knowingly lying: no one believes them anymore. They lose all credibility. They are exposed to be operating with an agenda.
challenging times.

Exactly. I used to be a well behaved patient who did everything the doc said and gave every vaccine according to schedule and ran for the flu vaccine right when it came in. Now that I saw what I did during covid I will not be giving the flu vaccine anymore. And I will question and research every vaccine that goes into mine or my children's bodies. I see how the pharmacy companies make billions and take zero responsibility for anything. I won't trust blindly anymore. They basically opened the eyes of many people and can thank themselves for all the distrust people have now.

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 4:23 pm

This is NOT the covid vaccine. This is one that has been around for 50 years, has been proven to prevent it, and is safe.
This is a totally different situation. One we didn't have to be in to begin with.
Whatever was done in regards to covid and the vaccinations has no relevance. This was around before and has been proven to work and be safe.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 4:27 pm
I am wondering if there any another’s in Boro park/Flatbush send to schools that don’t ask for vaccine records. Personally, I used to work as a therapist in a very chassidish school that did not seem very official. I am curious if you can get away with not vaccinating in these places.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 4:28 pm
I agree and feel very hesitant to undermine any argument regarding vaxing for polio.
The problem is so much info is coming out now including tainted batches of covid vaxes unreported side effects etc. If only our authorities and supposed leaders had been transparent and honest! No one even believes any of the reporting about polio anymore!
Again I come back to the complete undermining of credibility and trust.
Sad.
Or maybe the truth needs to be revealed for a better tomorrow IY"H.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 4:33 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
You’re not understanding. We, as a society, have relied on herd immunity because of vaxxing. When vaxxing stops happening, it all falls apart. What, I should get all my childhood vaccines redone because a bunch of anti-science lunatics aren’t getting vaccinated? Why is the onus on me?

Before you blame all the "anti-science lunatics" for polio being in the NYC water, did you ensure that all the foreigners that are coming to NY are vaccinated? Why is no one standing at the border and forcing them to get all their vaccinations before being allowed into the country and transported all over including NY? How do you know that they are not bringing these diseases with them and why do you not care about it?

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Before you blame all the "anti-science lunatics" for polio being in the NYC water, did you ensure that all the foreigners that are coming to NY are vaccinated? Why is no one standing at the border and forcing them to get all their vaccinations before being allowed into the country and transported all over including NY? How do you know that they are not bringing these diseases with them and why do you not care about it?

I do care about that. I dont think they should have an exception. Their kids need them to enter school at least...

This is why I dont want illegal immigration. We don't know who is here, criminal records, health/vaccine status, if they are bringing weapons or drugs here...
But caring about that doesn't minimize my concern about the people who ARE HERE and that they should be vaccinated. One doesnt discount the other.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
This is NOT the covid vaccine. This is one that has been around for 50 years, has been proven to prevent it, and is safe.
This is a totally different situation. One we didn't have to be in to begin with.
Whatever was done in regards to covid and the vaccinations has no relevance. This was around before and has been proven to work and be safe.

Once you lose people's trust you have a hard time getting it back. They blatantly lied about the covid vaccine and now I should trust them about other vaccines?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 6:05 pm
Once you lose people's trust you have a hard time getting it back. They blatantly lied about the covid vaccine and now I should trust them about other vaccines?

Nor should you trust them about the existence of polio or the one "confirmed" case, there's plenty to be suspicious of here for those who know a bit more of the inside story.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 7:17 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
Again, less than one percent of polio cases result in any kind of paralysis. 99 percent of polio cases wouldn't affect the person's limbs, long term or otherwise.

Yes, I vaccinate. Obviously.

But I'm kind of tired of scare tactics. The COVID hysteria did a number on me.

Yeah right.

It’s interesting that a lot of antivaxxers here pretend not to be to make their little points.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 7:24 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Right! Because either it is a problem or its not...the double standards make it feel like just more divide and conquer garbage lies with an agenda R"L. And again just contributes to lack of trust lack of credibility.

which I would never have believed before or thought id even entertain the possibility regarding polio vax

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 7:53 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
Yeah right.

It’s interesting that a lot of antivaxxers here pretend not to be to make their little points.

Just because one questions/doesn’t trust the system or take everything they say at face value, doesn’t mean they are anti vaxx. I don’t trust the system, I haven’t got a very long time. I wish I could selectively vaccinate, because I don’t believe my kids need all the vaccines they are given. Since I, as a parent, don’t have that right, I delay and spread out. It’s okay to question, especially when things don’t make sense to you.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics