Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Food and Minyan at Niagara Falls?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:13 am
Hi! We’re attempting to plan our first family vacation in ages!

What kosher food options are near Niagara Falls?

Are there minyanim nearby on the weekdays? I googled some shuls in Buffalo, and it seems that most only had a Minyan on Shabbos.

I’m in the US. Does it make sense to take out passports and go into Canada, if we’re only going to be there for 2 days, or is there enough to do just on the American side?

Thank you so much!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:23 am
You need to be vaccinated to enter Canada. But chabad if Niagara on the other side is wonderful

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:03 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
You need to be vaccinated to enter Canada. But chabad if Niagara on the other side is wonderful

Are you sure? Is that the case if we’re driving, not flying, in? DH and I are vaccinated, but some of my kids aren’t, and I never got a booster.

Are masks required at Canadian attractions? If so, we’ll leave our passports home!

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:08 pm
I recently did a trip to the NY side. It was nice, though not as much to do as the Canadian side. But we’re not all vaccinated.

DH went to minyanim at the Young Israel of Buffalo.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:20 pm
Rochester NY is an hour from Niagara, has minyanim and maybe some food options too (kosher bakery, ice cream store (chalav stam), lots of grocery options; I'm not sure about restaurants though

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are you sure? Is that the case if we’re driving, not flying, in? DH and I are vaccinated, but some of my kids aren’t, and I never got a booster.

Are masks required at Canadian attractions? If so, we’ll leave our passports home!

Doesn’t matter how you arrive. You need to be vaccinated to enter Canada.

wtvr

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:50 pm
amother OP wrote:

Adults need to be vaccinated. Children under 12 don't need to be if traveling with parents who are.

Children under 16 don't need passports if driving, birth certificates are enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics