Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 month old terrible cold

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 6:17 pm
My JUST 3 month old has a terrible cold. Nose is running, breathing real noisy, the works. She isn’t taking bottles as nicely as usual, but I’m not worried she isn’t eating, as she’s ending up finishing the same amount per day as usual, just taking her way longer.
My question is this: she’s sleeping for 3 hours already now, with me taking her in and out of the house a few times, which usually causes her to wake up. It’s her bedtime now, but I’m assuming she’ll be up way later than usual. How do I do this. Should I force her to wake up now, so she can have a bottle, and then play a bit and go to sleep, or should I just let her sleep, as she isn’t feeling well

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 6:19 pm
Let her sleep, she needs it to recover. She'll eat when she wakes up.

Window

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:05 pm
Expect that her schedule will be all over the place while she’s sick. And you might be up most of the night with her.
Bad colds affect adults’ sleep as well!

anonymrs

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:09 pm
At 3 months, I'd still wake baby during the daytime by 3 hours for a feeding.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:50 pm
I would absolutely have her oxygen levels checked. It's very difficult to tell whether or not a baby that age has a cold that they're managing fine or if they're severely impacted respiratory wise. And they can go downhill very, very quickly. beH your baby will be fine but such a young infant should be seen by the pediatrician within a day of bad cold symptoms.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:30 pm
Thanks everyone who answered re waking her up. She woke up by herself about 2 minutes after I posted lol, which is why I didn’t come on until now.
She drank a bit of bottle then was in a great mood for an hour or so.
About getting her checked out, I actually brought her to the dr last week because she wasn’t acting herself-was up a lot more than usual and not eating nicely. Dr said she’s congested, but nothing else. Then 2 days later and bam her cold came on. So then I called dr and asked at what point I should bring her back in: I’m not going to the dr every 2 days just to hear she has a cold. Dr said from what I was describing, I don’t need to bring her in. I figured to wait another day or two, and if it’s not getting better, then I’ll bring her in

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:46 pm
Keep in mind that a baby this young usually can't breathe with her mouth unless she's crying. So she needs a lot of help from you to keep her nose cleared.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:53 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Keep in mind that a baby this young usually can't breathe with her mouth unless she's crying. So she needs a lot of help from you to keep her nose cleared.

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics