Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
A school for teen girl with behavioral issues
Previous  1  2

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:29 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
So why not boarding in another city with a relative or a family while getting proper therapy and help?

I don't think you understand that some kids can't manage a regular school environment and need much more intensive support throughout the day. Therapeutic support.

eight

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:34 pm
We have tried many therapists and other avenues, many avenues. However Perhaps a school that can help supports/ encourage and will help bring a child to better ways through therapeutic support etc etc is another option. There are just not many of them around

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:03 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
I don’t want to complicate things, but just feel that I have to share that my daughter has had behavioral issues since very early on. She was in a regular yeshiva through 5th grade ( with behavioral modification plan and a private shadow) when that wasn’t successful, she went to a frum special needs program for 6th and 7th grade.
She was not getting what she needed across the board . She is now in a non-Jewish, private therapeutic school and never been better. Not everyone needs what she needs, but sometimes I wonder if these school can provide everything that these need and deserve.
Admittedly, I don’t know a lot about the current alternative schools out there today. Sometimes warmth acceptance and someone to shmooz with is enough, but sometimes it’s not.
Located in NJ , FWIW
Edited to add that my daughter does not have any drug or other additions.

Would you be willing to share the name & location of the school? This is something we might need to consider at some point for our dd
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics