Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Twice a week playgroup lkwd
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:11 am
If I were to open a playgroup in lakewood area twice a week from 9:30-3:00 , mondays & wednesdays and charge $300 a month, would it take off ? Is that too much to charge ? Is there anyone looking for a playgroup part of the week ? Maybe stay at home moms that want a little break ?

realtalk

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:34 am
What age?

Also, maybe you know someone else that would want to just work Tues/Thurs and you could make a full schedule together? I know someone else doing that.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:46 am
I know someone who did that this past year and had a full group with ppl begging her to take more…. Not sure all the price because I don’t know what she charged
It was a 12-18 month group that by the end of the year most of them were already 2. It’s the age that ppl who keep their babies home don’t necessarily sign up early on the previous year and then realize too late at some point in the that the kid needs to go out (btdt)…

I say go for it

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:45 am
$300 sounds like a lot for 2 times per week.
Would be equivalent to $700 full time.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:17 am
My friend and I are both looking for playgroup for 2yr old. But we want 3-4 days a week and we only need til 2. I Would for sure pay 300 for 3 days but don't know about for 2.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:20 am
Price is too high IMO

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:22 am
What are typical prices for five days?
Cheshbon the hours for five days and then do the math to see what your amount should be, based on hours

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:22 am
Thanks everyone. What's a fear price for twice a week ? 250? I don't think I would do less then that. What age would ppl be interested in for twice a week ? More like a baby age ?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:15 am
I sent to such a group last year. 9:45-2. ( maybe it was 9:30)She charged 180. All the mothers begged for another day. So even if you start off with 2 be prepared to be asked to do more as the year progresses. Once the kids get used to going out ,it gets much harder on the moms to keep them home the other days.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:23 am
Hope I’m not hijacking the thread by posting here...
I would interested in doing the same thing as you, OP. I didn’t think there would be a market for it bec if someone needs to send out, I assumed they would need more days. Doing 12-18 months (is that the kids age when they start in September?) is babysitting? Or playgroup? Would I need a theme, do parsha, have a newsletter etc?
To the poster that posted that she knows someone who did this- was that in Lakewood?
Editing to add- OP, which neighborhood do you live in? Maybe I would do tues and thurs.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:28 am
OP, if you are interested in working twice a week, there is an urgent need for SUBSTITUTES for
private babysitters and daycares.

You can make $30/hr or more.

And work as much or little as you want.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:48 am
I think it only works well for younger kids such as 12-18 months. At that age many mothers keep home their kids but are happy to have a little break so they can take care of things. I also think you can’t charge more than $200 for only 2x a week. I was asking around about how much I can charge if I do Monday-Thursday 9:30-2 and I was told $375.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:05 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I think it only works well for younger kids such as 12-18 months. At that age many mothers keep home their kids but are happy to have a little break so they can take care of things. I also think you can’t charge more than $200 for only 2x a week. I was asking around about how much I can charge if I do Monday-Thursday 9:30-2 and I was told $375.

I have two 2yr olds for you, if u end up doing it.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:05 am
I’m sending to a group like this and paying around that amount.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:09 am
amother Opal wrote:
I’m sending to a group like this and paying around that amount.

Can you please pm me? Thx

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 11:24 am
I'd be interested as well, but three days rather than 2. My baby is 22 months. I didn't want to send to a 2 year old playgroup because he still naps and the ones I found weren't doing that.

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:13 pm
I would send twice a week depending on which area we are talking about

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:21 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
OP, if you are interested in working twice a week, there is an urgent need for SUBSTITUTES for
private babysitters and daycares.

You can make $30/hr or more.

And work as much or little as you want.

In Lakewood?

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:29 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Hope I’m not hijacking the thread by posting here...
I would interested in doing the same thing as you, OP. I didn’t think there would be a market for it bec if someone needs to send out, I assumed they would need more days. Doing 12-18 months (is that the kids age when they start in September?) is babysitting? Or playgroup? Would I need a theme, do parsha, have a newsletter etc?
To the poster that posted that she knows someone who did this- was that in Lakewood?
Editing to add- OP, which neighborhood do you live in? Maybe I would do tues and thurs.

Yes 12-18 months in September. That’s the age my friend did this past year. In Lakewood commons.
It’s the age when kids start needing friends… maybe not 12 months but 18 months. And later in the year you’ll have a even bigger demand for this age. There’s lots of mothers who don’t work and realize at some point that they do want this aged kid to go out.
It’s babysitting.

I had a kid this age and finally found someone starting a group in March for the full week (that’s what I needed) and she did one “project” a week with them. No newsletter or parsha lol
Just lots of singing songs and reading books and playing. And they napped.

mig100

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 6:40 am
amother Geranium wrote:
In Lakewood?

yes. HUGE need for subs.

If you decide to do the playgroup twice a week, can you pm me.

I know someone who may be interested ( depending on location) ( not for me)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics