Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby led weaning NEW QUESTION
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 4:39 pm
challah58 wrote:
I'd actually argue that the high chair is the most important thing to think about for blw. Imagine yourself trying to eat at the table, but your chair is reclined back, the table is taller than your arms naturally reach, and your legs are just hanging. You can't reach the food on the table without straining forward and not having a place to rest/brace your feet makes you feel unbalanced and tire easily. For a baby being spoon fed purees, there's nothing really problematic with a typical high chair, but if I'm expecting my baby to have the patience and energy to feed independently and try new things (and hopefully be excited about it), I definitely want to make sure she's comfy and fits well.
Also really didn't feel like spending hundreds, so we ended up with an inexpensive booster seat strapped onto one of our chairs. Baby isn't swimming in it, sits up properly and can rest her feet on the chair. She loves eating BH!

Thank you!!!
Can you share a link? Is it enough support for a 6 month old that doesn't sit up alone?

challah58

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 4:59 pm
Sure Smile we got this one and it's actually on sale now! For a couple weeks until she could support herself better, I folded dish towels behind and beside her. It works really well for us and I literally just bring the whole thing to the bathtub if it's really dirty lol. But warning that it is a small chair so the trays are pretty small also, usually I have to wipe the floor around the chair after we're finished.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-.....psc=1

challah58

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 5:01 pm
I've also seen these fabric footrests sold that are sort of like little hammocks you can tie to the legs of a high chair you already have. Don't have a link though...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 5:11 pm
challah58 wrote:
I've also seen these fabric footrests sold that are sort of like little hammocks you can tie to the legs of a high chair you already have. Don't have a link though...

Hmm I like the idea of adding a footrest
Anyone here has experience with that?

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 8:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hmm I like the idea of adding a footrest
Anyone here has experience with that?

I ordered something like this from Etsy for my ikea highchair
https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....w_wcB

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 8:15 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
I ordered something like this from Etsy for my ikea highchair
https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....w_wcB

Thanks, the one I bought is graco

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:55 pm
any links for the best baby spoon that baby can feed themselves once I load the spoon?
baby is 6 months old n just starting blw.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 10:59 pm
Someone suggested take and Toss I bought but didn't use yet
Yes I take your advice that seriously Wink

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:04 pm
Keekaroo has the best high chairs. Super versatile, my kids love it.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:46 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
any links for the best baby spoon that baby can feed themselves once I load the spoon?
baby is 6 months old n just starting blw.

https://www.amazon.com/Kiddobl.....psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/First-Y.....r=8-4

I use both of these for that age (I got the stainless set with a fork and spoon only which was a lot cheaper but that option doesn’t appear to be available anymore).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:15 am
At what age would you feel comfortable serving something more processed and less healthy? Like something with sugar

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:28 am
Rose pink, don’t cut out bottles without talking to your pediatrician. An apple snack isn’t filling instead of a bottle. Maybe an apple, some cheese and crackers is filling. You don’t want your babies being hungry.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:30 am
amother OP wrote:
At what age would you feel comfortable serving something more processed and less healthy? Like something with sugar
'

Whenever. I just don't do a lot of that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:33 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
'

Whenever. I just don't do a lot of that.

Ya I'm working on it Banging head
But I have a terrible sweet tooth and don't want baby to inherit it

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Ya I'm working on it Banging head
But I have a terrible sweet tooth and don't want baby to inherit it

Babies have sweet teeth no matter what, they're built that way. Breastmilk is very sweet.

If you want to avoid emotional eating, get a book by Ellyn Satter. "Child of Mine" or "Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family."

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 7:48 pm
New question:
How does dropping bottles work?
I'm seeing that baby almost 11 months is more interested in food and not as interested in bottles as before and often doesn't finish them
Is it better to keep to the same schedule (every 3 hours) but give less ounces at a time (maybe 4 instead of 6)?
Or change the schedule to give 6 ounces but less often and if so how often?
Ty!

stillnewlywed

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 8:31 pm
By 11 months I was just offering 3 bottles a day (6 oz each and didn't always finish them)
At 12 months I started swapping 1 bottle at a time to cold milk in a straw cup. By 13 months I dropped the middle of the day milk and just do a snack before nap time. Now at 14 months my baby just gets a straw cup (8 oz) of cold milk in the morning and after dinner. I don't keep track of how much he drinks - just as much as he wants.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics