Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shoes for hard to fit 10 year old

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 5:50 pm
Yes, it's me shopping for shoes again Can't Believe It

DD of the extra narrow feet I think I'm just going to buy a new pair of the same Adidas sneakers she had for the summer. I'm *pretty* sure sneakers are still fine for school year? 7th grade? Yes? Please?

My problem now is younger DD. She needs something moderately supportive that can be worn with arches. She has a certain store/brand that she did great with the last few years. Suddenly it's not working for her. It seems they only make her shape in younger/smaller sizes/styles. She does best in buckles/straps/laces rather than slip-ons, and there's not that much of that for 10 year olds. She won't wear "babyish." Laces would be OK but we didn't find anything comfortable. There was one pair of slip-ons she tried that was supportive enough and didn't slip right off, but they were too high cut and that rubbed her wrong. She also was sensitive to the way it pulled her socks up when sliding the shoe on. She really needs laces or straps...

Any advice or links appreciated. I'd rather not spend Brooklyn prices but if I get desperate I might.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:15 pm
I find these types of feet do well in booties and are easier to find because they hold the foot better by default without needing to be too tight.

srbmom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:21 pm
I second the booties idea.
I just bought DD Van's sneakers with laces (not cheap though). They seem to run narrow and hold her foot well

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:33 pm
As a kid I really struggled with my narrow flat feet and orthodics. Still do. The sneaker shoe style that is high cut works for me usually but not all brands. The Jewish companies like venettini make them with dark soles too if white is a problem (I couldn't care less for myself)

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:10 pm
Anyone have links to booties that open and close? She's not doing well with things you need to slide your foot into because of the sock bunching issues.

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:11 pm
seeker wrote:
Anyone have links to booties that open and close? She's not doing well with things you need to slide your foot into because of the sock bunching issues.

Marc Joseph on Amazon has a bootie that my daughter wore this year

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:12 pm
seeker wrote:

Geox and vans both make high top sneakers with zippers on the side.

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:18 pm
MARC JOSEPH NEW YORK Unisex-Child Leather Ankle Boot Embroidered Star Detail Loafer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P.....ss_tl

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:58 pm
Thanks for the leads!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics