Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Coronavirus causes psychotic disorders and epilepsy in kids
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 5:45 pm
Even two years down the line the number of incidences is higher than in the control group.

It's a massive massive study.

Following COVID-19 infection, children are at increased risk of cognitive deficit, insomnia, intracranial haemorrhage, ischaemic stroke, nerve, nerve root, and plexus disorders, psychotic disorders, and epilepsy or seizures.

"This analysis of 2-year retrospective cohort studies of individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 showed that the increased incidence of mood and anxiety disorders was transient, with no overall excess of these diagnoses compared with other respiratory infections. In contrast, the increased risk of psychotic disorder, cognitive deficit, dementia, and epilepsy or seizures persisted throughout."

https://www.israelnationalnews.....58470

naomi2

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 8:54 pm
I don't believe any of these studies. They aren't worth the paper they are printed on

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:21 pm
This doesn't add up for many reasons. They would have needed to do a study every two years for many years before to even compare how things change over the time period.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:38 pm
I believe it. Infection/virus can cause brain inflammation, which can cause mental issues. My grandfather had gotten covid and was always a calm person and after he had it, he became very irritated about everything and thought something is wrong with everyone, he is not himself since.

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:49 pm
Same as strep, Lyme, coxsackie etc. Basically, most infections can do this so yeah, nothing new.

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:59 pm
I don't know about children but my brother in law suffers from seizures post covid.

amother
Daylily

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:27 pm
Sounds like a cover up for the vaccine side effects

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:32 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Sounds like a cover up for the vaccine side effects

Correlation equals causation is only with covid. Not with the covid vaccine.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:34 pm
There was an article in Mishpacha last week about long covid. The doctor they interviewed said that he highly recommends getting the vaccine or booster as a treatment for long covid and that he's personally seen many patients cured afterward

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:42 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
There was an article in Mishpacha last week about long covid. The doctor they interviewed said that he highly recommends getting the vaccine or booster as a treatment for long covid and that he's personally seen many patients cured afterward

Im sure there were long term safety studies done with a control group to arrive at this conclusion.

amother
Begonia

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:47 pm
I believe it all right. Same as so many other infections. But I guess if I never saw my own kids personalities changing overnight following infections I might not believe it either.

The most important piece of information is missing though. It’s all about the terrain, much less about the pathogen. As always.

And no, vaccination is not the solution

amother
Daylily

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:13 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

That article was criminal and will only lead to more deaths in our communities r"l

amother
Daylily

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:13 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Im sure there were long term safety studies done with a control group to arrive at this conclusion.

Spoiler alert, there weren't

amother
Hyssop

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:21 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
That article was criminal and will only lead to more deaths in our communities r"l

Yeah, yeah.
Where did you do your 'research'? You think you did a better job than this doctor?

amother
Daylily

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:24 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yeah, yeah.
Where did you do your 'research'? You think you did a better job than this doctor?

Yes I think that watching interviews and reading articles for 2 years now by leading experts worldwide is better research than one frum doctor

amother
Hyssop

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:25 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Yes I think that watching interviews and reading articles for 2 years now by leading experts worldwide is better research than one frum doctor

Lol. I guess we should call you Dr. Daylily then.
Dream on, lady.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:38 pm
Sorry but after three years of fear mongering debunked and discredited we don’t believe anything they put out anymore - we will at least take a wait and see approach— this is too neat of timing pushing kid vax when people see the risk benefit does not justify it - remember when they started talking about kids paralysis? Kawasaki? And that also didn’t materialize B”H
Our pediatrician is not recommending it

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:56 pm
Plus the vax doesn’t prevent transmission
So even if we’re so the vax wouldn’t help.
And increased risk = how much….
Monkey pox
Anyone…?

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 12:12 am
Will be interesting to see if this effect is the same with later versions of Covid that were less symptomatic.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:07 am
miami85 wrote:
Will be interesting to see if this effect is the same with later versions of Covid that were less symptomatic.

You obviously didn't read the actual study. (I did.)
The article maybe doesn't mention it, but the study itself examined whether the results held true for the various strains (original, alpha, delta, omicron).
The researchers found that while deaths were lower with omicron, the rates of these diagnoses post-covid remained unchanged.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics