Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
NYC school vouchers

yentee

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 7:58 pm
hi. I was on the waiting list and finally received my application. I responded via email and haven't heard from them since. I called them and they said my case is closed because I didn't respond in time. It's now abt 5.5 weeks later. Did anyone get a response sooner than that? Also did anyone respond via email and get a response?

Mommy1:)1

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 8:04 pm
yentee wrote:
hi. I was on the waiting list and finally received my application. I responded via email and haven't heard from them since. I called them and they said my case is closed because I didn't respond in time. It's now abt 5.5 weeks later. Did anyone get a response sooner than that? Also did anyone respond via email and get a response?

Same here. I was in the wait list. Received my application and I was so so excited. We desperately need finiacal help for tuition. I sent it back via email and never heard back from anyone.... It's so upsetting... It was like may/June. I'm assuming my case was also closed. But upset because was really counting on it

CoffeeSwirl

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 8:26 pm
yentee wrote:

Did you get the application through email or mail?

yentee

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 8:32 pm
I got it via mail. any ideas what I can do now?

yidishmamma

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 8:44 pm
I'm also still waiting for the vouchers. I did send it in on time and was speaking to someone from voucher office. He said many cases did close already but I should be getting my vouchers. I check the mailbox every day hoping it will be there but so far nothing.

yentee

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 8:58 pm
what did he mean by cases closed? like its too late to do anyth8ng abt it?

yidishmamma

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:50 pm
yentee wrote:
what did he mean by cases closed? like its too late to do anyth8ng abt it?

Sorry not sure exactly what it means .

yentee

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:01 pm
thank you. anyone is more familiar with this?

seeker

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:07 pm
(NYC has school vouchers?!)

yidishmamma

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:30 pm
I'm wondering if it was better to send back through the mail. That's what I did . I was guided by someone from our administration and that's what I was told to do

yidisheh mama

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:15 pm
seeker wrote:
(NYC has school vouchers?!)

No. It's daycare vouchers for working parents. The waitlist was closed for years for people that are not on welfare and opened for a short time last year for people on the higher end of the low income category, which is how many people got it recently.
They officially pay for daycare for kids under 5, and for after school program for kids age 6-13. Since the schools go later than 2:30 or whatever an official school day is, they can apply those funds and give the parents a significant tuition discount.

yentee

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 5:20 am
bump

yentee

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 9:44 am
bumping for more replies

chaya678

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 1:50 pm
I know if a parent is in school they can also qualify.. does anyone know if it works if you are taking classes from a program to transfer to a college?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics