Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food in Buffalo??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 12:39 am
Is there a kosher store in Buffalo, NY?

Do they have any takeout food?

If so, do you know the hechsher?

Thank you!!

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 12:46 am
Check out buffalokosher.com - it's a kosher deli counter/extensive kosher section inside a Tops supermarket. Pretty good selection, I've never actually bought food from the deli when it was open but really nice people. It's under the buffalo vaad hakashrus which is a regular frum vaad (the frum shul is young Israel, chabad eats it too). The bakery of that store has many items under supervision too, red stamp is cholov stam black stamp is pareve. Sometimes they forget to stamp the breads - I guess you could ask them then or call the vaad? (I don't live there just frequently visit) There may be other options - I think the JDC (chabad) has a Chinese night sometimes - but I'm not familiar.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 12:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Is there a kosher store in Buffalo, NY?

Do they have any takeout food?

If so, do you know the hechsher?

Thank you!!

Nissans deli in Tops..
Google it for the rest of the info

bluebubby

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 6:15 pm
We are in Buffalo now and are pizza inthe Jewish Center. Google young Israel of buffalo They have a list of places and you can daven there

bluebubby

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 6:16 pm
We are in Buffalo now and are pizza inthe Jewish Center. Google young Israel of buffalo They have a list of places and you can daven there

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 7:19 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Check out buffalokosher.com - it's a kosher deli counter/extensive kosher section inside a Tops supermarket. Pretty good selection, I've never actually bought food from the deli when it was open but really nice people. It's under the buffalo vaad hakashrus which is a regular frum vaad (the frum shul is young Israel, chabad eats it too). The bakery of that store has many items under supervision too, red stamp is cholov stam black stamp is pareve. Sometimes they forget to stamp the breads - I guess you could ask them then or call the vaad? (I don't live there just frequently visit) There may be other options - I think the JDC (chabad) has a Chinese night sometimes - but I'm not familiar.

If the ‘deli’ is the same ownership it always was then I was never happy with anything purchased there that was handled by their kitchen. For example, microwaved hamburgers are as horrible as they sound. I won’t even start about the service. I always bought kosher things like smoked salmon and cream cheese in the regular part of the store ( their bakery was under hashgacha separately from the deli)

For a while they had kosher bison but after that went away, I was done. Also the Chalav yisrael products are frozen.

My experience is a few years old.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 7:53 pm
https://buffalokosher.com/ Nissan’s kosher deli is great. His wife, a caterer, has joined the staff and the food is delicious. Sometimes if you go there off season you will find things that have been frozen, but in the summer everything is fresh and there is a lot of turnover.
Here is a link from the shul, Young Israel of Buffalo
https://www.yibuffalo.org/kosher
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics