Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o dinosaurs
Previous  1  2  3

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 4:59 pm
keym wrote:
[b]We know from the Torah that giants existed before and after the mabul. The midrashim describe Sichon and Og-30 amos to his ankle, etc.[/b]
Why is it so beyond our ability to think that "giant-sized" animals (reptiles or birds) also existed.

That they existed MORE than 5782 years ago is a different conversation.
I do know that the mabul wasn't an ordinary flood. It was a supernatural flood and there's no reason not to believe that the mabul did things to the world, and left it's mark.

Not to mention all the other explanations about exactly how much time passed before Yom Hashishi, especially before the sun and moon were created.

My kids aren't huge dinosaur fans. They prefer lights and sirens but they have dinosaur pajamas.

This got me thinking. Why weren’t any giant human bones discovered?

GLUE

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 6:10 pm
I remember learning that Hashem changed some humans into monkeys and elephants

Don't remember why

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 6:19 pm
GLUE wrote:

Don't remember why

Yes. By dor haflaga

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 7:03 pm
GLUE wrote:

Don't remember why

So that can explain why our DNA would be similar.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 7:31 pm
It really doesn't make sense to me that we would have to squish scientific theories to be compatible with Torah narratives. Dinosaurs aren't a religious matter. Why should religion be challenged by such questions as the existence of dinos and how long ago they roamed the earth? It puzzles me.

preciousmommy

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:04 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
It really doesn't make sense to me that we would have to squish scientific theories to be compatible with Torah narratives. Dinosaurs aren't a religious matter. Why should religion be challenged by such questions as the existence of dinos and how long ago they roamed the earth? It puzzles me.

I don’t think the Torah should be squished to be compatible with scientific theories.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:17 am
preciousmommy wrote:
I don’t think the Torah should be squished to be compatible with scientific theories.

Especially when "science" says a man can get pregnant.

No need to worship such nonsense.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:13 am
Dinosaurs existed. We just have so much evidence. Luckily they did not coexist with humans so not sure about that mabul theory,
But I’ve heard other viable explanations such as the taninim mentioned in Bereishit or the fact that Hashems yom doesn’t have to mean the same as our days.

mommyisbest

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:34 am
All I know is my ILs have the magic school bus books in their house about dinosaurs, but my FIL crosses out the word million so the book says "dinosaurs lived 40 years ago!!!"

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:36 am
mommyisbest wrote:
All I know is my ILs have the magic school bus books in their house about dinosaurs, but my FIL crosses out the word million so the book says "dinosaurs lived 40 years ago!!!"

That's hilarious. Did you ask him what it was like to live with dinosaurs?

mommyisbest

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:41 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
That's hilarious. Did you ask him what it was like to live with dinosaurs?

He's like Calvin's dad in Calvin and Hobbes. Yes, he rode it to schooll!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics