Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Non-ANON Unpopular opinions!
  Previous  1  2  3 23  24 25  26  27  Next

Aurora

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 1:31 pm
We should stop setting up single men with dramatically younger women. It's just making the Shidduchim situation worse.
And stop setting up men who refuse to date women their own age.

realtalk

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:20 pm
When you buy anything from places like Aliexpress or Shein, you’re directly funding the Chinese government and slave labor. It keeps the costs of America goods higher too.

hodeez

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:24 pm
If you put down a mother for getting an epidural you are a bad person

a2z

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:01 am
hodeez wrote:

Exactly. My resent birth took 14 h of crazy contractions with a epidural if I wouldn't have taken I probably would have ended up with double the time at least (or a c section)

Long live epidurals!!!!

Plonis

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:45 am
hodeez wrote:

And if you put down a mother for having a home birth you are also not a very nice person.

Surrendered

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:19 am
Plonis wrote:
And if you put down a mother for having a home birth you are also not a very nice person.

I'm not putting them down. I'm stating facts that are true.
I've heard many unfortunate stories that happened in HB, many of those sad realities could've been avoided with professional doctors in a hospital setting.

Plonis

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:46 am
Surrendered wrote:
I'm not putting them down. I'm stating facts that are true.
I've heard many unfortunate stories that happened in HB, many of those sad realities could've been avoided with professional doctors in a hospital setting.

I could say the same about epidural complications and unnecessary C-sections. But it would not be a very nice thing to do.

hodeez

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:28 am
Plonis wrote:
I could say the same about epidural complications and unnecessary C-sections. But it would not be a very nice thing to do.

Respectful discourse before a woman undergoes home birth or epidural is great. But after the fact, who are you to criticize a woman undergoing the most amazing and painful biological process there is??

rising hero

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:25 pm
imamommy5 wrote:
hodeez wrote:
It's weird that nightgowns are sold in lingerie shops in bp

weirder- shabbos robes are sold there too!

Right. Cuz Victoria's secret doesnt sell sleep and lounge wear. *sarcasm*
(Eta I know, its your unpopular opinion)

Last edited by rising hero on Thu, Sep 01 2022, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Plonis

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:31 pm
hodeez wrote:
Respectful discourse before a woman undergoes home birth or epidural is great. But after the fact, who are you to criticize a woman undergoing the most amazing and painful biological process there is??

Agreed. Remember that "respectful" includes acknowledging that there may be more than one valid approach to the issue. And acknowledging that the mother's feelings are also relevant, no less than in the nursing/formula debate issue. And that socially acceptable risk does not necessarily mean lower risk.

Zahava94

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:47 pm
Some unpopular political opinions that I have:

It is idiotic to believe that all liberals or all conservatives are evil, vile, stupid, etc. The overwhelming majority of people across the political spectrum are decent people who simply have different backgrounds, come from different places, have different belief systems, and therefore, may see the world differently than you.

An "Us" vs "Them" attitude, when it comes to political issues, reinforces harmful stereotypes, doesn't allow for productive conversation and causes one to dig deeper into their entrenched beliefs while letting objective truths slip away. This occurs on both sides of the political spectrum, and no one is immune to it.

People who are into politics have a tendency to drastically exaggerate the importance of popular political issues, which generally have little to no impact in their daily lives. In other words, they like to get riled up simply for the sake of being riled up.

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:14 pm
I do not enjoy, relate to; or get inspired by The Garden of Emunah or other books by this author. I'm sure he is a good person, but it just makes me feel guilty and light years away from humanity.

I'll watch or read anything by Rabbi YY Jacobson any day. His stuff goes straight to the heart.

Debbie

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:20 pm
[quote="dreamerforever"]I do not enjoy, relate to; or get inspired by The Garden of Emunah or other books by this author. I'm sure he is a good person, but it just makes me feel guilty and light years away from humanity.

I'm so glad you said that, I wondered if it was only me who felt that way.
To be honest though I quite often find myself uninspired by supposedly inspirational stories and books that set standards at a level I doubt I will ever reach no matter how hard I try.

Living Princess

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:25 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
I do not enjoy, relate to; or get inspired by The Garden of Emunah or other books by this author. I'm sure he is a good person, but it just makes me feel guilty and light years away from humanity.

I'll watch or read anything by Rabbi YY Jacobson any day. His stuff goes straight to the heart.

I was wondering if he is the only author who advertises his books in his books. I think the whole book is an advertisement for something but I'm not sure what...

zoom

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:26 pm
Having babies is 100 times easier then bringing them up.
A baby and toddler and small child is 'easy' to look after, its when you have to model good parenting, give over the right hashkafa and attitude, towards yiddishkeit, life etc that its difficult.

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:37 pm
[quote="Debbie"]
dreamerforever wrote:

I'm so glad you said that, I wondered if it was only me who felt that way.
To be honest though I quite often find myself uninspired by supposedly inspirational stories and books that set standards at a level I doubt I will ever reach no matter how hard I try.

Thank you, I was a little scared to post this TBH.

Same here with the stories. I just crave authenticity so much.

I wish people would stop idealising their spirituality and fooling themselves, and instead examine their true motives; face where they actually are, and grow from there.

Debbie

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:40 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
Thank you, I was a little scared to post this TBH.

Same here with the stories. I just crave authenticity so much.

I wish people would stop idealising their spirituality and fooling themselves, and instead examine their true motives; face where they actually are, and grow from there.

Dreamerforever I could not agree with you more!

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 5:02 pm
Debbie wrote:
Dreamerforever I could not agree with you more!

Smile

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:53 pm
Zahava94 wrote:
Some unpopular political opinions that I have:

It is idiotic to believe that all liberals or all conservatives are evil, vile, stupid, etc. The overwhelming majority of people across the political spectrum are decent people who simply have different backgrounds, come from different places, have different belief systems, and therefore, may see the world differently than you.

An "Us" vs "Them" attitude, when it comes to political issues, reinforces harmful stereotypes, doesn't allow for productive conversation and causes one to dig deeper into their entrenched beliefs while letting objective truths slip away. This occurs on both sides of the political spectrum, and no one is immune to it.

People who are into politics have a tendency to drastically exaggerate the importance of popular political issues, which generally have little to no impact in their daily lives. In other words, they like to get riled up simply for the sake of being riled up.

So well said!!! Applause Applause Applause

Debbie

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:49 pm
I struggle with the concept that we only get tests that we can handle/cope with, there are times when I think we can be tested to the limit and it can be overwhelming.
Page 24 of 27   Previous  1  2  3 23  24 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics