Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Non-ANON Unpopular opinions!
  Previous  1  2  3 24 25  26  27  Next

smss

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:59 pm
Even if you only listen to Jewish music, you don't only listen to Jewish music.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 9:12 am
Midis actually are more flattering on many people then just below the knee.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 9:13 am
Parents should print and mail/deliver pictures of their children to the grandparents and great-grandparents (and great-greats) a few times a year. Email/text/whatsapp/etc. is wonderful but not enough.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 9:24 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Weekday Sheva Brachot should be abolished as per my original post. Totally overrated. *Nobody* enjoys it. I hate it with passion!

Talk for yourself. I love being invited to sheva brachos.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:01 am
People who accuse people of being impatient are actually the impatient ones!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:04 am
Not all Jewish children's books need to rhyme.

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:25 am
If you really want an honest opinion or assessment, ask a child.

imacoolmom

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:42 am
hodeez wrote:
If you put down a mother for getting an epidural you are a bad person

Ok I’ll add on to this- if you make a woman feel bad for choosing not to breast feed you are can awful person who deserves a potch

Surrendered

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:13 pm
There are some very controversial topics which will never change a person's mindset.
This includes:
Homebirth vs Hospital birth
Vaccinating vs antivaxxing
Breastfeeding vs bottlefeeding

smss

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 8:17 pm
Surrendered wrote:
There are some very controversial topics which will never change a person's mindset.
This includes:

I've changed my mind about all of those topics over the course of the last 10 years.

israelgirl

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 4:43 pm
imacoolmom wrote:
Ok here I go.
I should not be expected to go to a Simcha where I have nothing to do with the people making it who don’t even care that I came and sitting all night making stupid small talk with random people that don’t care about me is masochism.
Stop acting like your life is perfect and rosy. Wipe that fake plastic smile off your face and be real and authentic. Nothing will happen if I see that you’re human. I’ll probably like you better.
I don’t really like most people I’m sorry I enjoy my own company it’s called being an introvert no not shy that’s not what I am I just need a lot of time to recharge my batteries after being with people. It doesn’t mean im snobby and I don’t care about you it’s just the way gd created me.
Yes ok we all know that your dh “ made it” congratulations but im not impressed actually, hearing about your decorator and 8 bathrooms is tacky and makes you look show offy and actually I see right through you I know that you do this because you are insecure and deeply unhappy.
I don’t know if this fits in with the OP but it was amazingly cathartic so thank yoy

Lol I want to be friends with you. In theory.
In reality I'm also an introvert so I'll just respect your opinion from a distance Smile

israelgirl

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:06 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Other kinds of Judaism, like Reform, Conservative, etc, are not inferior to frum Judaism. Jews are Jews

wrong

4g01o

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:16 pm
Just because I don't spend a lot on my kids clothes, doesn't mean they don't look adorable and trendy. It just means that I enjoy finding them clothing that are different to the clothes that the whole neighbourhood are trying to get their hands on.
And it doesn't mean I'm poor, I'm just more sensible Very Happy

israelgirl

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:19 pm
I really dislike people from lakewood, and I wish I can get rid of the bias but when people say they are from lakewood I tend to judge them right away.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:44 pm
In addition to the above, I feel like that Lakewood should stop being the voice of how worldwide yeshivish/litvish people should act or do. Really respect our differences while we are in the UK or on the continent.

Also... I feel that people from the USA are generally dumber than people from the UK/Europe as in...I know the geography of the USA a bit even I have never been there but I had a huge book with an atlas as a kid. Whenever I speak with an American they seemed confused with 'The Netherlands' are asking me if it's near Amsterdam, If I say I'm Dutch they confuse it with Deutsch which is German... I mean really... Just open your Google Maps and browse how big the world is beyond Lakewood or whatever...

And also... Americans... You might think and hear we are not a free country with govermental/socialized medicines and no gun policy but we do live here just fine! Stop trying to convince me that your country is so much better...

Last opinion, nationalism and patriotism is something for people who don't have any sense of self but the country they were born into.

4g01o

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:47 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Not all Jewish children's books need to rhyme.

Says Amelia Bedelia LOL

I hate those rhyming books. They often don't make sense, but they rhyme! Great Smile

Crookshanks

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 10:49 pm
israelgirl wrote:
I really dislike people from lakewood, and I wish I can get rid of the bias but when people say they are from lakewood I tend to judge them right away.

Jeez. Non judgemental out of towners strike again.

I'll go again. I hate when people judge everyone coming from a certain town without considering that there may be more than one type of person in said town.
It's awful and disgusting to judge someone on the basis of where they come from before getting to know them.
I feel sorry for you and all the people you'll miss out getting to know because you "dislike everyone from Lakewood."

imacoolmom

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 10:58 pm
israelgirl wrote:
Lol I want to be friends with you. In theory.
In reality I'm also an introvert so I'll just respect your opinion from a distance Smile

😅lol I wrote this so long ago I really think I was a horrible mood that day I’m really not so abrasive and angry !!!!!

Surrendered

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 11:24 pm
Surrendered wrote:
This includes:

I meant that by having a debate or conflict with someone who is opposed to your opinion, you won't change their mind, to be on the same thought process as you.
People will not change their opinion on those topics, based on your conversation.

Malkqueen

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:08 am
Your ramblings
Don't sound
More
Eloquent
Or elegant
By virtue of
Splitting
The run-on
Drawn-out
Haphazard