Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dunkin donuts kosher?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:16 am
Is there any specific rule? I find it so confusing to know what’s kosher and where… and I’m not the only one. So many times I meet ppl drinking dunkin donuts stuff and when I ask them how I can buy or which ones r kosher they themselves r unsure. They “think”…
I tried contacting the kashrus number there but didn’t get to anyone.
It bothers me cuz I feel that they have a tremendous responsibility and lots of ppl drink in any dunkin donuts anything they like cuz they rely on the kashrus…

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:18 am
Where?
Maybe we can help.

amother OP wrote:
Is there any specific rule? I find it so confusing to know what’s kosher and where… and I’m not the only one. So many times I meet ppl drinking dunkin donuts stuff and when I ask them how I can buy or which ones r kosher they themselves r unsure. They “think”…
It bothers me cuz I feel that they have a tremendous responsibility and lots of ppl drink in any dunkin donuts anything they like cuz they rely on the kashrus…

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:19 am
Each one is independently owned (I think?)
I certainly know which ones near me are….

amother OP wrote:

miami85

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:24 am
The coffee is kosher everywhere, the food while the donut shells are "kosher" in the box, once they come out of the box in a regular dunkin donuts around the treif foods without hashgacha they are no longer "kosher"

Franchises have obligations to use specific ingredients that's how you can be confident that you get the same thing everywhere. The issue is that some Dunkin's use bacon and some use veggie bacon.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 3:44 am
Yes but how do I know if they use kosher milk or not? I’m not asking about one specific one? All in general.
I know that I once bought ice coffee in dunkind near my college and then heard that they dont use kosher milk or something like it. I’m still sad about it and it’s quite a few years ago. I feel like ppl like me r clueless and it’s not fair. It says a kashrus hashgacha outside so why wud I even assume that they only use kosher milk if I specifically ask etc… dont these hashgacha places have more responsibility? First I thought it was only my problem but I’ve seen so many ppl just buy randomly and clueless

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 3:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes but how do I know if they use kosher milk or not? I’m not asking about one specific one? All in general.
I know that I once bought ice coffee in dunkind near my college and then heard that they dont use kosher milk or something like it. I’m still sad about it and it’s quite a few years ago. I feel like ppl like me r clueless and it’s not fair. It says a kashrus hashgacha outside so why wud I even assume that they only use kosher milk if I specifically ask etc… dont these hashgacha places have more responsibility? First I thought it was only my problem but I’ve seen so many ppl just buy randomly and clueless

Do you mean kosher milk or cholov yisroel milk? Almost all milk is oud as far as I know. If you're makpid on cholov yisroel it's on you to read the teuda for the details

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 6:43 am
OP all milk, at least in the US, is kosher

chanar

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:15 am
Where are you located? There are a few specific ones in Brooklyn and the 5 towns that are kosher and have a hechsher hanging. The one in the 5 towns uses chalav yisrael milk but their baked goods aren’t chalav yisrael, but it’s all clearly signposted..

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:20 am
Not op but does anyone know what hashgacha the dd in Lakewood is under? What can I buy there if I am makpid on cholov yisroel?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:23 am
miami85 wrote:
The coffee is kosher everywhere, the food while the donut shells are "kosher" in the box, once they come out of the box in a regular dunkin donuts around the treif foods without hashgacha they are no longer "kosher"

Franchises have obligations to use specific ingredients that's how you can be confident that you get the same thing everywhere. The issue is that some Dunkin's use bacon and some use veggie bacon.

So if I they come out of the box and go straight on the shelf with all the other donuts they are not kosher ? If they didn’t touch the unkosher food shouldn’t they be fine ?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:30 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
Not op but does anyone know what hashgacha the dd in Lakewood is under? What can I buy there if I am makpid on cholov yisroel?

I don't know about Lakewood but I know the one in Baltimore uses CY milk in the coffee. They have so much frum business that it's just easier for them/makes sense. It's not posted on the kashrus certificate but you can see them using Pride of the Farm milk.
I wouldn't be surprised if a DD in Lakewood does, too.
But at the end of the day, it's on the customer to check. And I'd only get something more than plain coffee if the store has a reliable hechsher.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:32 am
Only ones with a hechsher and teudah are kosher.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:34 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
So if I they come out of the box and go straight on the shelf with all the other donuts they are not kosher ? If they didn’t touch the unkosher food shouldn’t they be fine ?

They are probably fried on premises.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:37 am
There is also the issue as well of keilim used to make the products all being washed in hot water together etc. As well as the oven and such being used for trief. Even if not bacon employees can bring in all sorts of stuff too. and other ingredients trief can be used in the recipes.

As an aside not having to do with dunking donuts we read recently that CRICKET FLOUR is a new "product" ugh yes made from the insects. Marketed as "green" and "sustainable".

STovah

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:51 am
out-of-towner wrote:
They are probably fried on premises.

The donuts are delivered ready made, they are not fried on premises.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:54 am
I'm sorry, but even though there's hashgacha for some stores, I cannot understand how can anyone go by it. There is no mashgiach present, it's a non Jewish establishment and the donuts are not packed.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 7:58 am
amother Sand wrote:
I'm sorry, but even though there's hashgacha for some stores, I cannot understand how can anyone go by it. There is no mashgiach present, it's a non Jewish establishment and the donuts are not packed.

I was one time standing in my local kosher dunkin' donuts and I saw my rabbi walk in and walk straight to the kitchen.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 8:07 am
amother Sand wrote:

I have seen a mashgicha at the kosher Dunkin’ Donuts in my area more times than I can count. That’s good enough for me, although it may not be good enough for you. Many kosher restaurants also don’t have a mashgiach present during all open hours. How is this any different?

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 8:13 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I have seen a mashgicha at the kosher Dunkin’ Donuts in my area more times than I can count. That’s good enough for me, although it may not be good enough for you. Many kosher restaurants also don’t have a mashgiach present during all open hours. How is this any different?

I wouldn't eat at those either..

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 8:22 am
Aaa far as I know you can only buy donuts at a DD with a hechsher. Yea cannot go into any random DD and buy donuts bc “they are all the same donuts.” There’s a hechsher for a reason. And if you’re makpid on CY, you need to ask to see the milk or in Brooklyn you just request “kosher milk” - that’s what they call it, not an insult to those who drink CS.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries