Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Tips for wiping

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:26 am
Hi imas
My DS has been toilet trained since 2 years old. But he is now 4 and still isn't good at wiping himself. I am not sure he'll get help at school and I am really worried about it. Please share your tips!

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:13 pm
Lol would love to know as well. My 7 year old needs to be wiped as well

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:16 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Lol would love to know as well. My 7 year old needs to be wiped as well

Same. I thought this was normal.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:04 pm
Mine is 3.5 and can't either.

But my friend teachers Pre1a and the kids are supposed to wipe themselves. It worries me...

My nephew is 5 and very self sufficient tho.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:08 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Same. I thought this was normal.

It is, OPs 4 year old is likely her oldest

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:08 pm
Encourage your child to wipe themself. Show him how to fold tissue. Let child use flushable wipe if you want. Explain how you know it's clean. Always tell them what a great job they did. You can make sure they did a good job for now. There is always a bath at home. It's not the end of the world if they don't do a perfect job! I know it's gross. Please try and promote independence.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:16 pm
Indeed my 4 year old is my oldest. At home it's basically- let him wipe and I wipe after. But I am really worried about what will happen in school. Rashes, germs, just the entire non-hygeinic thing. If it's so normal- should I just speak to the morah about assistance? I can't imagine having him In school like that for hours. I'm sending him w flushable wipes but I still don't think that'll help.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:20 pm
Up until probably around age 7, I was wiping my son.
.4 is still little.

Id prefer to do it myself, then have my chukd do it at that age.

I worried about him in school but there was nothing I could do.

I noticed though, that he often didnt make in school, and waited till he came home.

I think its one of those things, you teach as best as you can and you gotta just leave it to them. Whenever Im home I would wipe him.

Eventually, they will learn themselves.

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 1:23 am
Most kids do their duties at home, not in school. Somehow the body gets trained to have bowel movements when its more practical.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 1:37 am
Send him before school and when he gets home. And have a little shmooze with the teacher. My son's (age 4.5) cheider rebbe was quite happy to clean him when necessary. He told him to let him know when he is going and he'll come in a few minutes.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 5:05 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Send him before school and when he gets home. And have a little shmooze with the teacher. My son's (age 4.5) cheider rebbe was quite happy to clean him when necessary. He told him to let him know when he is going and he'll come in a few minutes.

This would really terrify me. Am I being crazy sensitive??

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:22 pm
This suggestion is long and has details, spoiler alert. Ploni-child can wad up some toilet paper in their hand, do a leaning-over semi-squat, insert toilet paper bundle and move it around where wiping is needed (parent can hold the outside of their hand to guide it the first few times). Child removes the toilet paper—straight out without shmearing/dragging it along—and checks: is it dirty or clean. Periodic flushing avoids clogs; they can use a new wad to flush so as to avoid touching the flusher/handle. Repeat. After they at last get a clean wiping, it can be the parent’s turn to check, and if it’s takah not clean, it’s the child’s turn again. And repeat. Hope this is helpful, and hatzlacha raba Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training