Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Youtube & other ads? What's best ad blocker - Firefox?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:21 pm
Does anyone know why I suddenly get an ad every time I try to open a YouTube video? I installed a new ad blocker because my old one didn't seem to be working well ... do they not block YouTube ads?

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:26 pm
Do you mean popup ads or do you mean ads that run in the middle of the video.

In my experience you can't block the ads that run in a video because that is part of the revenue structure for those videos. Some videos have ads and some don't depending on how the uploader or content owner monetizes them. It is like broadcast television which is ad supported - you can't eliminate the ads although you can use a DVR to fast forward through ads when recorded on your DVR

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:43 pm
I'm talking about clips that I try to open but first I get an ad. This NEVER happened before but maybe it's a new thing. So annoying! It doesn't seem to be actually part of the clip I'm opening e.g. I'm opening a 10 min clip but first a short clip, a minute or so, comes up, but if I re-click on the original link I can usually get it.

Could it be ..... a virus....... eeeeeeek!

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm talking about clips that I try to open but first I get an ad. This NEVER happened before but maybe it's a new thing. So annoying! It doesn't seem to be actually part of the clip I'm opening e.g. I'm opening a 10 min clip but first a short clip, a minute or so, comes up, but if I re-click on the original link I can usually get it.

Could it be ..... a virus....... eeeeeeek!

I get those and they are different lengths depending. I don’t know if it is new or you are just viewing ones that happen to have since not every clip has them. I like them better than the ads that randomly interrupt although it is frustrating to watch a relatively long ad for a short video.

I don’t think there is any way to avoid but I don’t really watch YouTube that much anyway. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

GrowingUp

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 2:03 pm
Try using https://613tube.com/

MyUsername

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 5:09 pm
I use adblocker ultimate, blocks youtube ads just fine. Please note that it may not work in private browsing windows unless you make the settings include that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics