Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Babysitter says I can't send baby after rotavirus vaccine

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 10:59 pm
Is she right? The dr said to wash hands carefully after changing diapers and that her diapers can be contagious for a few days.

Was I supposed to schedule her vaccinations for Friday after babysitting?? Otherwise what would working parents do??

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:00 pm
Huh? Never heard of such a thing.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:07 pm
My pediatrician said since it’s a live vaccine the baby is contagious for a few days and to be careful touching any bodily fluids (saliva, from nose or pamper…)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:09 pm
It's my oldest so don't have experience. She was out of it today after her shots so I didn't send. The babysitter texted me how my baby was and I mentioned that the dr said to be careful with her diapers just giving over instructions.

She texted that if my baby is contagious I can't send... But she's not sick she just got the vaccine

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's my oldest so don't have experience. She was out of it today after her shots so I didn't send. The babysitter texted me how my baby was and I mentioned that the dr said to be careful with her diapers just giving over instructions.

She texted that if my baby is contagious I can't send... But she's not sick she just got the vaccine

Live vaccines shed live germs, sick or not, so obviously your babysitter is being careful for some reason.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:53 pm
She’s right to be careful if that’s what she feels is right to do. I don’t know what parents do because my babysitter never had an issue with it.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:54 pm
My pediatrician said that I should just not let anyone immunocompromised change the baby’s diaper for a week.

Please call your dr and ask them this question- or have your babysitter ask whichever pediatrician she trusts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics