Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When a baby screams all the time unless being held

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:27 pm
what does it mean?
I'm at my wits end. working mom of a handful of kids. from when I come home till I go to sleep baby wants to be held and entertained. if I put her down she screams bloody murder if I hold her she's perfectly fine. what can it be?

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:30 pm
It means you need a sling. Do you have one, or can you borrow one?
I don't recommend buying a sling until you know which type will work for you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:32 pm
I have one and used it when she was newborn by now it's not practical. she's a big 6 month old and it's hard to do stuff when wearing her.

is a bit of eczema painful? she has two small patches that I moisturize a few times a day.

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:34 pm
Eczema can be painful.

There are also back slings, if you can borrow one. Six months is the youngest age for back slings, I believe.

Also, she might be teething.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:36 pm
Ear infection?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:43 pm
Is it really likely that a baby that is uncomfortable enough to scream bloody murder will stop just because she is held? I mean I know a mother's touch is powerful but this would be almost magical.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:47 pm
Yes it's happened to me before.

hodeez

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:48 pm
Ill be the one to say let her cry. Leave her on the floor with toys or next to you in a high chair. If there is nothing bothering her you're going to have to teach her to self soothe

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:48 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Is it really likely that a baby that is uncomfortable enough to scream bloody murder will stop just because she is held? I mean I know a mother's touch is powerful but this would be almost magical.

idk but it seems so. I marvel too since being held a lot cant always be comfortable.
even if shes teething and bothered by eczema shouldn't she still cry when held? sometimes she does but usually shes just fine in someones arms.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:52 pm
amother Cyan wrote:

Meet my babies. And currently my 8 month old who screams bloody murder if he is put down. Not only does he want to be held, but it should be me and only me. It is so hard I sometimes feel like I’m losing my mind.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 4:11 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Meet my babies. And currently my 8 month old who screams bloody murder if he is put down. Not only does he want to be held, but it should be me and only me. It is so hard I sometimes feel like I’m losing my mind.

Same here. Untill they start walking. Once they start walking they change to the other extreme. They become such good babies.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 4:13 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Same here. Untill they start walking. Once they start walking they change to the other extreme. They become such good babies.

Same! Holding my baby as I type this message got thru braiding challah and errands with the screaming

kugelzlady

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 4:33 pm
Is she getting enough sleep?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 4:36 pm
All of my babies were exactly this way. In addition they wouldn’t fall asleep unless they were held.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 4:42 pm
I'm sincerely hoping this is just a phase. just going on the past couple weeks (or a bit more). she may be teething although her gums don't look like anything's going on.
IDK. I feel so bad for her but also it's hard to do stuff w a screaming baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics