Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Milk amount- confused

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:27 pm
I have a 3-month-old girl. I nurse and pump and occasionally give her the pumped milk in a bottle so I do know how much she eats a feeding. aprx 4oz. She eats around every three hours.
I sent her to her babysitter today for the first time. She ate at 7:30ish but I forgot to tell the babysitter, so she was given a bottle at about 9:15/30. She ate 4oz. 45 min later she was kvetching so the babysitter offered her another bottle and she ate another 4oz! Now I'm confused. She doesn't eat more than 4oz when I'm with her, even if I offer it. I guess since the babysitter gave her a break she ate more? Does that mean she's always hungry? I'm confused about the whole thing.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:34 pm
everyone feeds babies differently... breaks for burping, which cues to interpret as hunger, etc.

When my husband or mother take care of my babies they tend to use a similar amount of milk; when my MIL takes care of my babies she feeds them double because she feeds them every time they cry! The kids were fine, just put on weight faster when MIL was taking care of them for longer stretches of time - and I had to switch to formula or try to build up my milk supply.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 3:36 pm
The fact that she takes it means she's hungry no?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics