Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Please help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 6:46 pm
I'm at my wits end. I'm going to lose it. My 13yo autistic son is driving everyone crazy, eloping, hurting siblings, destructive scary behavior, refuses to go to school, etc etc. I am literally going to go crazy. I am devastated that I'm bringing up my other kids in this traumatic environment. All my energy is going to him and is getting wasted. I feel completely worn out. Are there any respite programs? Any boarding schools where they won't beat him up? Any good spot? Please help. I feel like there's no end in sight and I'm just waiting for him to wind up in jail or something

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 7:37 pm
Oh my this sounds so difficult and painful. My dc has high functioning autism (what used to be called asperger's, I guess.) It can be so challenging.

We once took dc to a Neuro who recommended a supplement called Neuro-protek for dc. I wonder if that could help some of the behaviors you're seeing now. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hope it gets better.

tree of life

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 6:30 am
Where do u live if in Israel I can help advise u

Goldie613

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 6:38 am
Hey OP, how are you holding up?

Did you ever get the help you were looking for?

I know of organizations that help with info for special needs families in NY - if that would help you please just say so and I'll post some info for you.

Hug Hug Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics