Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Kishke

mom25

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 3:32 am
I'm having a lot of guest over shabbos iyh.

I want to slice the kishke in a 9x13, and shabbos put a slice ontop of chulent in each plate.

How do I do it so it keeps moistened not dried out till shabbos morning? Should I put in water or it's going to ruin in?

noosheen

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 4:33 am
I’d wrap the Kishke in parchment paper & then wrap in foil. Then put in cholent before shabbos

mom25

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 5:03 am
noosheen wrote:
I’d wrap the Kishke in parchment paper & then wrap in foil. Then put in cholent before shabbos

I always do that

But need a few loafs of kishke. Won't fit in my pot. Looking if there's anyway I can keep it in a 9x13 ready sliced. Seems like caterers do that

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 8:10 am
Slice the kishke but keep it tightly packed together as a roll. Wrap it well to retain moisture. Pour a cup of water and a splash of oil into the 9x13 before you put in the wrapped loaves. Seal pan with foil. Also place a pan of just water on the bottom rack of the oven so it doesn't dry out. Keep the oven on a very low setting for shabbos and place the kishke inside.

mom25

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 8:12 am
ra_mom wrote:
Slice the kishke but keep it tightly packed together as a roll. Wrap it well to retain moisture. Pour a cup of water and a splash of oil into the 9x13 before you put in the wrapped loaves. Seal pan with foil. Also place a pan of just water on the bottom rack of the oven so it doesn't dry out. Keep the oven on a very low setting for shabbos and place the kishke inside.

Thanks so much! What do I wrap it in? Foil?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 8:18 am
mom25 wrote:
Thanks so much! What do I wrap it in? Foil?

Yes. Or you can wrap it in parchment and then again in foil.

mom25

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 8:37 am
ra_mom wrote:
Yes. Or you can wrap it in parchment and then again in foil.

K perfect! Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus