Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to make her go

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 12:08 am
My almost 3 year old is more than happy to sit on the toilet for hours... But nothing happens. If she isn't trained in 2 months she will have to stay home from school... They have until sukkos. Any ideas???

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 12:11 am
She's not drinking enough. Give her lots of juice, water, ice pops, etc.

It usually only takes one or two times of "catching" them in the act for them to get it.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 12:12 am
Put on underwear and let her be. She needs to pee in her pants in order for her to understand that she's supposed to pee in the toilet. You can take her to the bathroom every hour for 5 minutes and what happens, happens. You can expect her to pee in her pants for the 1st day or 2, and by day 3, she'll hopefully start grasping the concept. Give her lots of fluids so she'll have to go.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 12:32 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Put on underwear and let her be. She needs to pee in her pants in order for her to understand that she's supposed to pee in the toilet. You can take her to the bathroom every hour for 5 minutes and what happens, happens. You can expect her to pee in her pants for the 1st day or 2, and by day 3, she'll hopefully start grasping the concept. Give her lots of fluids so she'll have to go.

I tried this for a day.... She peed 9 times and I spent the whole day tailing her to make sure she didn't go on the couch/beds/carpet. I can't do it again, I had to get my husband to take my other kids out and that's not happening again. I can't keep it up with my kids, job, baby, and her for days in a row.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 12:35 am
You can't make her go, and that mindset causes issues. She knows you can't make her. The best thing to do is relax. Maybe peer pressure at school will help. Be matter-of-fact about the school requirement if you haven't mentioned it yet. And then stop talking about using the toilet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training