Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Have u ever been regifted what you bought?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:09 am
I recently had a baby and was regifted a pair of ugg booties I had given to dh coworker many years ago. I know it was the same exact pair and box because the gift receipt which I had taped very well into the bottom of the box was still there. I am floored that a: she kept the gift for so many years. And b: she didn’t make sure everything was completely perfect before regifting it. Has this ever happened to you? How did you feel! What was your reaction?

ddmom

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:13 am
LOL
Me no never! Funny story though!

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:15 am
I find that kind of thing more entertaining than insulting. People are funny creatures.

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:36 am
My husband once regifted a lucite matzah box he recieved from an organization...

And then we were both mortified when the hostess opened it up and read:

A gift from ____ organization in dedication of your service.

For the record, I told him not to regift... but he wanted to save a buck.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:36 am
Well at least you got a gift you like!!! (I am assuming you liked it if you selected it and gifted it in the first place).

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:49 am
I was once gifted lovely, summer baby shoes and it never fit them, the child was that size in the winter. She could have loved your gift but missed the season with her kid.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:51 am
I got meshloach manos back

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:55 am
A coworker gave me a whole background about why the baby gift package she bought was unique and special for my baby which was all nice until I saw that the gift receipt was dated over a year before the baby was born LOL

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 12:59 pm
Entertaining to read the experiences people had!

Sorry OP that she sent you back your gift! Horrible feeling! But as a poster mentioned, possibly it didn't fit her baby or maybe she misplaced it and only found it after her baby outgrew it? OR she used it but it stayed in perfect condition so she sent it to you Can't Believe It

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 1:14 pm
Yes. It was after a difficult birth. My sister in law returned a gift that my husband and I bought for their kid about 8 years before. The box was old and worn out. But my child ended up loving the gift. Even if it made me feel bad at least he enjoyed it.

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 1:19 pm
I received a very old fashioned baby layette set which I re-gifted. A few years later, I got the same set back from SOMEONE ELSE. It was literally the same set, with the same box, just more banged up. It was like the fruitcake of the community. I donated it.

My in-laws give back the gifts we give them a few years later, forgetting it was a gift from us initially. My MIL goes around her house before holidays or birthdays and takes things she doesn't want, wraps it, and pretends like she bought it for us. A few years ago I started giving her things I want for myself so when it comes back to me, at least it's useful. A few times the item was a book (like a cook book or whatever) with an inscription from us in it... handed back to us like she went out and bought it.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 1:24 pm
watergirl wrote:
I received a very old fashioned baby layette set which I re-gifted. A few years later, I got the same set back from SOMEONE ELSE. It was literally the same set, with the same box, just more banged up. It was like the fruitcake of the community. I donated it.

My in-laws give back the gifts we give them a few years later, forgetting it was a gift from us initially. My MIL goes around her house before holidays or birthdays and takes things she doesn't want, wraps it, and pretends like she bought it for us. A few years ago I started giving her things I want for myself so when it comes back to me, at least it's useful. A few times the item was a book (like a cook book or whatever) with an inscription from us in it... handed back to us like she went out and bought it.
LOL

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 1:48 pm
I wasn't re-gifted a gift that I had bought but I did receive a gift so badly re-gifted.
I received a photo album for my engagement from a cousin. When I opened it I saw the album had been personalized with fancy marker saying my cousin's name.
Eventually I just threw it out.
Should I have returned it and said I believe you gave us something that was meant for you? LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics