Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What did you take on for elul (and hopefully beyond!)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:56 am
Very inspiring! I haven't been thinking about doing anything as my life has been busy with chesed taking care of sister's kids because she had a c section.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 8:14 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
Very inspiring! I haven't been thinking about doing anything as my life has been busy with chesed taking care of sister's kids because she had a c section.

That’s huge.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 8:49 am
Forgiving one person in my life (who I still hold a grudge for) a day. Obviously it's a process and not all in a shot but even a little helps..

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 8:59 am
I took on to not listen to any Jewish music that sounds like it could be on your local pop radio station, and was probably ripped off a pop artist and simply repackaged with Hebrew words. Which is most modern Jewish music.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:41 am
Hatzlacha! I have a specific kabalah re using technology but that's just for the aseres yemei teshuva. Right now, I'm trying to work on my relationship with Hashem and gratitude.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:54 am
Patience. I wish dh was employed and I am trying to have patience with this situation and be loving. I feel guilty just writing this since he is a great dh and father.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:13 am
I didnt even think to take something on Sad

I like these ideas so far.
I struggle with intimacy due to past pain and connecting to DH because of lack of intimacy. Can that be a focus for me? Working on being together and initiating?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:19 am
amother Petunia wrote:
I didnt even think to take something on Sad

I like these ideas so far.
I struggle with intimacy due to past pain and connecting to DH because of lack of intimacy. Can that be a focus for me? Working on being together and initiating?

For sure. I once heard from a major Rav that the mishna said every morning which talks about the tremendous schar in this world and the next for those who look to make peace between other people and husbands and wife includes the husband or wife who make efforts to enhance their marriage themselves

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:26 am
amother Coral wrote:
For sure. I once heard from a major Rav that the mishna said every morning which talks about the tremendous schar in this world and the next for those who look to make peace between other people and husbands and wife includes the husband or wife who make efforts to enhance their marriage themselves

Very interesting thanks!
If my kabbalah is to initiate intimacy, would it have be a daily kabbalah? I dont think I would enjoy being together every night.
And then I would feel bad having a set amount each week and then what am I working on the days Im not physically intimate?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:32 am
Greeting DH with a smile, showing appreciation, minimizing criticism

All strengthen Sholom Bayis.

jd1212

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:17 am
DH and I agreed we want to talk to Hashem casually during the day. I decided I’ll try to while I walk my daughter to daycare.

Roots

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:45 pm
im trying to say 5 perakim of tehillim a day
and to start saying the bakasha of shmiras halashon- im learing a lesson a day for a while now but I think I need to take it a tep further cuz lashon hara is still struggle

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:15 pm
brachas before breakfast, Tehillim yom.
It makes such a difference to my day. I stop and talk to my Father in Heaven

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:21 pm
I had a really really hard year. I feel like I gave my share - if I’m allowed to say so. The amount of tears and tefilos and talking to hashem is probably more than what I had done in years put together.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:22 pm
When I saw the thread title it went through my head "I'll take on not to blow up the world!" Exploding anger
Honestly, I should probably take on something related to anger management.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:32 pm
I'm struggling with an unplanned pregnancy. Honestly, I don't have the strength to work on myself or take anything on.
The one thing that I'm working on right now is acceptance of the situation Hashem gave me.

iammom

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 2:16 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Nishmat and a portion of tehilim daily, but I am failing at this.

Perhaps you took on too much? Even just daily tehillim is a struggle for most people. Maybe start with either the tehillim or nishmat. Then add more after you feel like you’ve incorporated enough what you started with (which can be months later).
You can even start with just 1 Perek of tehillim a day.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:19 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
Very interesting thanks!
If my kabbalah is to initiate intimacy, would it have be a daily kabbalah? I dont think I would enjoy being together every night.
And then I would feel bad having a set amount each week and then what am I working on the days Im not physically intimate?

This is going to sound so unromantic but it works. Schedule 2 nights. And if you're too tired, it's understood it'll be the next night or the first available night.
Add in as spontaneously desired.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:20 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
I had a really really hard year. I feel like I gave my share - if I’m allowed to say so. The amount of tears and tefilos and talking to hashem is probably more than what I had done in years put together.

And if you've managed to keep on going with dignity and grace, you have a lot to bring with you into RH.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:00 pm
I know I want and need to speak more respectfully to my husband and children. I want to have more patience and tolerance for my husband’s mistakes, and more kindness to my children when I’m overwhelmed. I get sensory overloaded quickly. I just don’t know how to go about ensuring this actually happens. How do I stay inspired and motivated to do this when it gets tough? How do I sustain this?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational