Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My dryer and my history with eating

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 11:35 pm
Tonight, my dryer has run twice and both times, the results were..wet.

The first time, I assumed that I forgot to turn it on.

The second time, I assumed that the dryer was broken.

Then, I looked at the settings and it was on delicates. No wonder my towels were still sopping wet.

My diet history was like that. I always felt broken. I could not stop eating like a maniac. Until, I figured out the settings I needed.

Keep trying, folks. Settings can include all sorts of things, including what your goals are ( still technically morbidly obese, but down a LOT and maintaining) health, what you eat, when you eat, what your personal issue foods are, and what you personally need to do to sustain your life and happiness.

This is complicated and we’ve had a lot of misinformation in our lives.

It takes time to fix damage, and if you do it long term, your life will never be the same.

In a good way.

Your life won’t be exactly the same as the next persons either.

A lifetime ago, someone said, “rockets are on course 5% of the time. The other 95%, they are correcting course.

That’s what this is to me. Correcting course. Being committed to correcting course and then doing what works for me personally.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:31 am
Thank you, thank you, for everything you say and everything you've shared with me.
It just resonates so well, clicks so strongly. You make so much sense in an area of so much confusion and (what's the opposite of common sense?)

I'm still figuring things out here, still need the willpower to make the chnages I know I need to make. But you've put a light on the path and helped me so much.

boysrock

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:38 am
Thank you for your inspiration! Great analogy!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:33 pm
I’ve often said that hashem put exactly in my path what I needed to get sorted out. I’ve learned an enormous s as mount in the past five plus years and I’m so grateful!

When I started sharing, I thought ‘if I can help ONE person by sharing my experience it would be worth it.’

I’m happy that you find some if what I share helpful! It’s SO personal so definitely the key is to keep working on what works for you!

I could not have predicted my own outcome and it’s been a crazy adventure ! Thanks for sharing with me!

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:27 pm
Thanks for sharing! You've given me a lot of chizuk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise