Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Can medication impact development?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:10 am
My dd 12 is on medication, Vyvanse for ADHD, (and High functioning ASD)my dr. told me won't impact her development at all.I was kind of expecting her to get her period by now, she had not. I know all kids are diff, but my older dd has way more developed chest, and got her period at 11and half, I'm just wondering if anyone knows or had any experience with that.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:13 am
amother OP wrote:
My dd 12 is on medication, Vyvanse for ADHD, (and High functioning ASD)my dr. told me won't impact her development at all.I was kind of expecting her to get her period by now, she had not. I know all kids are diff, but my older dd has way more developed chest, and got her period at 11and half, I'm just wondering if anyone knows or had any experience with that.
A quick google tells me there have been concerns regarding vyvanse and puberty, it isn’t yet clear what the outcome is.

FYI, adhd can also impact puberty. Or rather, whatever is causing the adhd can have an effect on pubertal development as well.

Either way 12 is early to worry I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)