Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Free formula at Daycare - USDA Program?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:25 pm
My child is about to start daycare and I'm confused by the info they sent. Is this income dependent or not?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:31 pm
Were do you live?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:41 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Were do you live?

Lakewood but it seems to be a federal thing?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 8:53 pm
I work in a daycare, all babies get free formula from the daycare that is provided by the government I think, unless they want a special formula like cholov yisroel than they bring their own

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:07 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
I work in a daycare, all babies get free formula from the daycare that is provided by the government I think, unless they want a special formula like cholov yisroel than they bring their own

Super experienced NYC daycare mom here. Meaning I’ve had kids in daycare for 6 years and counting BH. I’ve never gotten formula provided. I always had to bring from home. We all did. Regular baby formula like enfamil or similac. This is bright horizons fwiw. Also they aren’t allowed to do the ‘mixing’ (meaning we had to give them bottles already mixed with water.

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:08 pm
Duplicate

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:40 am
amother Tomato wrote:
Super experienced NYC daycare mom here. Meaning I’ve had kids in daycare for 6 years and counting BH. I’ve never gotten formula provided. I always had to bring from home. We all did. Regular baby formula like enfamil or similac. This is bright horizons fwiw. Also they aren’t allowed to do the ‘mixing’ (meaning we had to give them bottles already mixed with water.

That's how it is in Lakewood, I guess New York is different

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:52 am
amother Jetblack wrote:

Thanks!!

bnm

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 9:25 pm
Its part of the breakfast/lunch program. If your child needs a specific special formula you have to send it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding