Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Help! ISO escape room kinda game for DS on a date

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:17 am
Hi!

DS has been dating a young woman, and he likes her but feels that she’s too quiet and it’s hard for him to really get to know her.

I was brainstorming ideas of activities for his next date with him, and trying to figure out what would kinda force her to open up more. An escape room would be fabulous because you always need everyone’s participation, but he’s too yeshivish to go there with her since they can be paired with all kinds of weird people, and if it’s just them, it’s yichud.

They’ve already played the game Perfect Matches, which has great questions, but hasn’t shown him how she deals with conversations in real life. It’s more like theoretical questions about life.

So… is there a game that I can order on Amazon that is kinda like a 2-person escape room? Where they will have to team build together?

I’m imagining a game where they both need to strategize to make progress. So they’re not playing against each other. Maybe he’d say: “if we put the table here, we can fit the couch and coffee table here” and she says “true but then there’s no room for the bookcase which this card says must also be in the red room”

Something like Clue or those old logic puzzles, that they’d work on together!

Anything like this exist? Please! Thanks!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:23 am
Are you looking for a strategy game where you work together to play against the game?

Examples:

Forbidden Island
Pandemic

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:27 am
Did you ask the shadchan to tell her to open up?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:31 am
Or there are "board game" versions of escape rooms.

First example, we bought a pesach themed one during Corona. I don't remember what it was called but I bet you could Google. We downloaded it and printed things out.

-------

I will warn you that a girl who's not the logical/board game "type" might be intimidated by these instead of finding them fun.

Maybe he could buy one of those kits where you build a skyscraper or bridge. A bit more low key, you still need to tinker.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:31 am
How about one of those walking scavenger hunts where you get clues texted to your phone and have to figure out how to get to the next clue? They have them in NYC and London for sure, not sure where you are located. They're great fun as well.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:36 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Did you ask the shadchan to tell her to open up?

This.

Right away.

If she feels same way about DS, it seems she needs a bit of coaching.

Shadchan should mention before next date.

Bhatzlacha!

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:40 am
These are great https://www.amazon.com/Exit-Ga.....ss_tl

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:52 pm
Thank you all for your suggestions! I’m going to Google these, and keep ‘em coming if you think of more!

And of course we’ve communicated with the shadchan about this!

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 2:45 pm
Regarding Escape Rooms, there are some that can be reserved for 2 people and are not considered yichud because there is a gamemaster constantly monitoring on camera and the door is not locked. There is one in Hawthorne NJ, for example, called The Other Tale that is "kosher" re: yichud. You can always call and find out how each venue works before deciding one one.

paperflowers

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:21 pm
Did you ask a shaila about a 2 person escape room?

KJP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:39 pm
I went to an escape room with DH where we reserved a room for two people. We weren't locked in so it wouldn't have been considered yichud if that had been a problem. Plus a guy was watching and listening through a camera the whole time.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:43 pm
Just fyi escape rooms are on camera and watched the entire time. When you need help you wave your hands at the camera. So that might make it not yichud. You should explain that to a rav and find out.

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 5:28 pm
I did it as a date with DH. It didn’t occur to me that it can be yichud
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics