Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Why is my child anxious when I'm feeling SILENTLY anxious?!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:00 pm
It's soo hard! She must be a very sensitive child. Whenever Im feeling anxious inside and pretend to be all good she starts feeling anxious and has no clue what hit her! She feels nauseous and nervous.
Is there a way to prevent this energetic anxiety transference?!
Do kids naturally pick up on a parent's anxiety 'energetically'?

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's soo hard! She must be a very sensitive child. Whenever Im feeling anxious inside and pretend to be all good she starts feeling anxious and has no clue what hit her! She feels nauseous and nervous.
Is there a way to prevent this energetic anxiety transference?!
Do kids naturally pick up on a parent's anxiety 'energetically'?

Don’t be so sure it’s energetically. You are probably not very good at hiding your anxiety and you are indeed showing it in some way or other

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:05 pm
Our nervous systems speak to each other, as humans. Especially kids are sensitive to the moods of their adults. And she might indeed be more sensitive.

Make sure she's not compensating her behavior by acting extra good thinking it will calm you down. Bc kids are ego centric and think everything is about them. If you're anxious and you're clearly not hiding it well, don't hide it just acknowledge.

"Mommy is feeling a little stressed out but its not about you."

And you need to learn to calm down, take deep breaths, study emunah or whatever it takes not to be constantly anxious.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:05 pm
I do feel it's more energetically. I could be in a different room and feel a wave of anxiety and she comes running all shaky. It's just so freaky.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:08 pm
Vibes
Most kids are energy antennas
You are both very connected
We are neshamas in bodies
Work on yourself
Hugs and hatzlocha

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:22 pm
Children coregulate with their parents. I am working on my anxiety harder then I ever worked on anything in my life . I am trying to stop the cycle forever. If not for my children I wouldn’t be strong enough.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:35 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Children coregulate with their parents. I am working on my anxiety harder then I ever worked on anything in my life . I am trying to stop the cycle forever. If not for my children I wouldn’t be strong enough.

I feel the same! Seeing me child suffer due to my anxiety makes me desperate to work thru this.
Would you mind sharing what your doing?
I'm seriously considering meds Sad

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:39 pm
Nothing to add except me too.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:23 pm
I’m a newborn baby photographer.

And now I 100% believe that babies feel our energy. I always have a fussier baby when I’m anxious about something, even though the parents would never guess, the babies feel it in my hands.

Rabbi YY Jacobson once explained Malachim as emotions. And then I thought that my newborns were just hanging out with pure emotions for 9 months so of course they’re in tune with mine.

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:00 am
I could have written this post.

Please learn from roizy and friedy guttman. Their courses, weekly talks and seminars changed my life and family. They are OTs with a holistic approach. They explained in their talk last month about this topic.energy. Coregulation. The whole deal. Defintiely follow them and learn. You can get through this

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:06 am
amother OP wrote:
I do feel it's more energetically. I could be in a different room and feel a wave of anxiety and she comes running all shaky. It's just so freaky.

This is a bit much. If you feel it's energetic, you should seek out an energy worker to balance this.

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 2:16 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

This. We naturally pick up on the body messages of others. It's the communication between our nervous systems. You can't fight this, but as you continue working through your own emotions, you will see those improvements impact those around you.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 2:52 am
Struggling with the same and was diagnosed with GAD.
It doesn’t really affect me so much except I know I am „a worrier“. But very seldom to an extent that I am incapacitated.

However I have a baby who hardly sleeps.
Do you think I should take anxiety meds just for that? I breastfeed though.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 2:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

How are you working on it?

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 3:01 am
amother OP wrote:

Wow! She might be an extremely sensitive child.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:37 am
amother Electricblue wrote:

Please learn from roizy and friedy guttman. Their courses, weekly talks and seminars changed my life and family. They are OTs with a holistic approach. They explained in their talk last month about this topic.energy. Coregulation. The whole deal. Defintiely follow them and learn. You can get through this

Thanks for sharing. Care to elaborate more? How can it help my anxiety?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:39 am
amother Electricblue wrote:

Do they have a website or phone number?

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do they have a website or phone number?

I remember this post from a while back. I started listening to their talks. They really explained this as well as gave some wonderful advice on how to manage this. Just listened to a 3 day talk they gave on how the brain and body works. They do have a website and are starting a learning community. The website is www.handsonapproaches.com. I don't see the community on it but they are talking about it on their instagram page. www.instagram.com/handsonapproaches.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:47 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I remember this post from a while back. I started listening to their talks. They really explained this as well as gave some wonderful advice on how to manage this. Just listened to a 3 day talk they gave on how the brain and body works. They do have a website and are starting a learning community. The website is www.handsonapproaches.com. I don't see the community on it but they are talking about it on their instagram page. www.instagram.com/handsonapproaches.

I have nothing against the gutman sisters and have no clue who they are, but it’s interesting to see them promoted on many threads recently.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:49 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I have nothing against the gutman sisters and have no clue who they are, but it’s interesting to see them promoted on many threads recently.

They just did a 3 day free summit last week and many of us learned from them. That may be it. They have a nonprofit and do weekly talks and are trying to bring awareness to the community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics