Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Picky eater - SOS

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 10:53 pm
My son only eats:
Jelley sandwiches
Ice cream
Bamba
Pizza
Pasta
Banana

I used to send him to daycare for with let’s say Pizza, omelet and broccoli for lunch. He only ate the pizza…
Now it has evolved to him only eating the list mentioned above at home as well.

Any ideas of how I can get him to eat the meal they foods he used to like
Fish
Meat
Chicken
Fruits and veggies ect. ?

jfk92

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:09 pm
I don't give my kids real ice cream. But I basically blend frozen banana and other fruits. And serve it in a wafer cone. Least you can get some other fruits in like that.

breakfast muffins. Think savory too! Kids love the packaging of muffins. You can control whatever you put or sneak in there Smile

Pizza can be creative. Start small add some vegetable toppings to it and then you can even make your way over to meat pizza.

Same for pasta- it's a base. Add some olive oil and sautéed vegetables.

If he likes babma try having him snack on natural peanut butter w fruits and veg. Cut them w crinkle cutter

For chicken, when little, they preferred chicken on the bone. Something about holding it lol

Meats for young ones was typically small soft meatballs or cooked in chulent or stew. Favored pop in your mouth.

If he feels you'll give in and just give the other options he won't be as motivated to try something else.

Also don't know how old he is. But if he can participate in making it w you he may be more inclined to eat it.

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:31 pm
As a picky adult, one thing to remember is not to make food a power issue!

In my house the rule is, if you don't like it, you don't have to eat it. I encourage them to try foods because we can change our minds, but nobody has to finish everything on their plate or eat anything they don't want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics