Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pls help me with toddler dental surgery

bestwife4

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 11:18 am
My 5 year old recently went to dentist for the first time. Unfortunately the dentist recommended surgery, general anesthesia cuz of the amount of work he'll need to get done. I'm super nervous, I don't know what to expect. My kid never always refuses taking medicine, even when he's in pain. Has anyones kid gone through extensive teeth work and can tell me how the process w
works? How painful it is and will he be able to eat after? Crying
He needs crowns, extractions, fillings

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 2:01 pm
Any update ?
How did it go?

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 2:08 pm
bestwife4 wrote:
My 5 year old recently went to dentist for the first time. Unfortunately the dentist recommended surgery, general anesthesia cuz of the amount of work he'll need to get done. I'm super nervous, I don't know what to expect. My kid never always refuses taking medicine, even when he's in pain. Has anyones kid gone through extensive teeth work and can tell me how the process w
works? How painful it is and will he be able to eat after? Crying
He needs crowns, extractions, fillings

My four year old had this issue and we did surgery two weeks ago. He was very cranky the day of and very drowsy, but otherwise he was able to eat soft foods that day, and a day later. Afterwards he was able to eat again. I did give him Motrin the next morning because he said it hurt.

bestwife4

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Any update ?
How did it go?

Yes when he had surgery went amazing. He had zero pain after and didn't take Motrin or anything. He even wanted to eat the day of regular foods. It's been a while and bh he hasn't had cavities since. I take him every 6 months to the dentist!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics