Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Booster question - only for those who vax
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:30 am
Hi, this is a question for those who vaccinate for covid. If you don’t, please don’t post here, thanks!

I’m vaccinated and got a booster last year. I have covid I be about six months ago. I’m considering going off BC soon and I know Covid is worse for pregnant women.

Should I get another booster now or are there benefits to getting while pregnant?

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:34 am
Just speaking from personal experience, getting vaccinated while pregnant and even catching covid later on in the pregnancy didn’t prevent my baby from then catching covid himself at 6 months old.

If you’re pro booster, just get it as soon as you’re eligible and let all the other risks play themselves out

English3

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:38 am
This is a question for your doctor, not us.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:38 am
Get it as soon as the new booster shots that help with Omnicron variant come out. My pharmacy emailed they will start appointments after Labor Day.

If you get pregnant after six months then ask your OB/GYN person recommendations in terms of an additional booster.

I have gotten four shots (2 standard and 2 Boosters) and am planning on getting the new one with my flu shot when it is available in the next few weeks.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:39 am
I'm in the same situation minus the pregnancy. I just got my antibodies tested. Perhaps you can do that ? That may help your decision.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:40 am
The Covid shots and boosters don’t work, so no, don’t boost ever again.
Why is this even a question?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:42 am
amother Eggplant wrote:

Did I not ask you and people like you not to post here? Maybe start your own thread?

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:43 am
amother Eggplant wrote:

Yes they do work because statistically those who were vaccinated have gotten much milder cases.

Those who are hospitalized or have more severe cases are statistically much more likely to have not been vaccinated.

In any event OP specifically asked those who were anti-vax not to post.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:45 am
Op- just adding from personal experience that I was vaccinated and had Covid when I gave birth. I had cold symptoms but they tested me and it was positive. My newborn tested positive as well and then we both got it again 3 months later with mild symptoms that lasted just about two days. IMHO you can’t really prevent it… I think you did enough hishtadlus- maybe leave the rest up to Hashem?

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Did I not ask you and people like you not to post here? Maybe start your own thread?

I did vaccinate and boost once right in the beginning out of fear of Covid, but will probably never boost again because of what’s been proven in the last year or so.
So you only want an answer that you should boost, or you want a real answer to your question?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:48 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Op- just adding from personal experience that I was vaccinated and had Covid when I gave birth. I had cold symptoms but they tested me and it was positive. My newborn tested positive as well and then we both got it again 3 months later with mild symptoms that lasted just about two days. IMHO you can’t really prevent it… I think you did enough hishtadlus- maybe leave the rest up to Hashem?

When I had covid it took me a month to get over it. I’m concerned also because it’s statistically more severe in pregnant women. I work with college kids and covid is everywhere so I’m very exposed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:49 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
I did vaccinate and boost once right in the beginning out of fear of Covid, but will probably never boost again because of what’s been proven in the last year or so.
So you only want an answer that you should boost, or you want a real answer to your question?

I want opinions from people who currently understand why covid vaccines are important.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:51 am
amother OP wrote:
I want opinions from people who currently understand why covid vaccines are important.

Ah so you know the answer.
I wasn’t pregnant since Covid, but I’d definitely be a lot more wary of boosting in pregnancy. I’d probably wait.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:52 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
Ah so you know the answer.
I wasn’t pregnant since Covid, but I’d definitely be a lot more wary of boosting in pregnancy. I’d probably wait.

You would boost now before pregnancy or boost after pregnancy?

I don’t know the answer. That’s why I’m asking.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:54 am
amother OP wrote:

Studies are coming our showing that the vaccine does affect fertility. Fact. So if you wanna get pregnant it might not be the best idea.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:59 am
amother OP wrote:

I don’t know. I just had this conversation with my sister. I think I’d stay away from it anytime around pregnancy being that Covid risks are very low by now.
Are you still afraid of Covid by now? I feel like my fears are mostly gone.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:01 am
amother OP wrote:

Can you explain why they are currently important? Not trying to be snarky but at this point most people don't see the importance. You can still get covid. Cdc now says there is no difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated. So why the rush?

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:03 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
Can you explain why they are currently important? Not trying to be snarky but at this point most people don't see the importance. You can still get covid. Cdc now says there is no difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated. So why the rush?

That’s what I feel. You can still get Covid. The cases are all light now (whether vacc or not), the vaccine has been causing complications for many, so why?
I honestly feel like there’s no good reason to boost anymore. Especially with a pregnancy involved. Not trying to be snarky here either.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi, this is a question for those who vaccinate for covid. If you don’t, please don’t post here, thanks!

I’m vaccinated and got a booster last year. I have covid I be about six months ago. I’m considering going off BC soon and I know Covid is worse for pregnant women.

Should I get another booster now or are there benefits to getting while pregnant?

I’m not a doctor but I suppose before…

amother
White

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:

So you only want to hear answers that reaffirm your opinion.
But the actual science and hard facts on the ground are not proving this statement to be accurate.
[Please stay on topic — the OP does not want to debate whether the vax is worthwhile. Whether you agree or disagree, she has already made that decision. —Mod]
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics