Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Booster question - only for those who vax
Previous  1  2  3  Next

happy chick

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:31 pm
Just for a little perspective. I am not vaccinated/boosted, I had covid when I was pregnant. I got over it rather quickly, bh. Pregnancy progressed well and baby was born healthy and on time, bh.

Although I don't believe in the vaccine, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just wanted to share my personal experience.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:40 pm
The vaccine efficacy greatly declines by 6 months. As pregnancy is 9 months long, you'd probably need to do both, pre pregnancy and mid pregnancy booster.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:41 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Can you explain why they are currently important? Not trying to be snarky but at this point most people don't see the importance. You can still get covid. Cdc now says there is no difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated. So why the rush?

Thanks for asking nicely. Vaccines on average cause cases to be less severe and pregnancy causes more risks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:44 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Studies are coming our showing that the vaccine does affect fertility. Fact. So if you wanna get pregnant it might not be the best idea.

Where has this been proven? I would love to see real sources

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:46 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
I don’t know. I just had this conversation with my sister. I think I’d stay away from it anytime around pregnancy being that Covid risks are very low by now.
Are you still afraid of Covid by now? I feel like my fears are mostly gone.

It has nothing to do with fear. I don’t look both ways before crossing the street because I live in fear. I don’t put on a seatbelt out of fear. I make reasonable decisions.

Statistically covid is worse during pregnancy so I want to make a reasonable decision.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:48 pm
https://www.healthline.com/hea.....onths

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:49 pm
amother White wrote:
So you only want to hear answers that reaffirm your opinion.
But the actual science and hard facts on the ground are not proving this statement to be accurate.

Why can’t you discuss this nicely or stay away? Would you talk to me this way if we were sitting together in person?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:50 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/effectiveness-of-pfizers-covid-19-booster-shot-may-drop-from-85-to-55-after-3-months

Thanks!

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:54 pm
Did before
Wouldn’t vax anymore
What does your dr say? Mine said no not anymore based on acquired immunity and less severe disease and rates of death so much less B”H
Hatzlocha op!

amother
White

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why can’t you discuss this nicely or stay away? Would you talk to me this way if we were sitting together in person?

I would actually. Sorry if if didn't sound nice.

Here's some links for research since you asked

https://palexander.substack.co.....-four

https://m.theepochtimes.com/mk......html

https://etana.substack.com/p/v.....?sd=p

https://www.theepochtimes.com/......html

https://dailyclout.io/3816-bab.....port/

Very very important video from two OB-GYNS and a funeral home worker warning about what’s being seen from vax in pregnancy- terrible rate of miscarriage, stillbirth, birth defects, and babies with ruined immune systems.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Mm0So3uS0YSk/
(Caution for men- Somewhat of tznius issue starts a few minutes in)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:13 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:

Hatzlocha op!

Thank you for the kind wish and for your thoughts!

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:22 pm
I know you said only for those who vax, but my Ahavas Yisroel compels me to
warn:

Please do not vax! Crying

The Death Rate of YOUNGER population 18 - 64 has gone up 40% in ONE Year
following the Covid Vax.

According to a report Wednesday in the Wall Street Journal, US life insurance companies saw nearly a 40 percent rise in death benefit claims in the third quarter of 2021 compared to the pre-pandemic baseline

https://www.wsws.org/en/articl......html

Also Disability in younger population is skyrocketing.

There is a New Term "Sudden ADULT Death Syndrome"

So many videos of athletes, the healthiest population, dropping dead on the field.

Please read Chossid Mom's thread - it is documented by Prestigious Medical Doctors
and Scientists who are bravely speaking out.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:30 pm
So I accidently got my booster (the first one, I think) when I was 6 weeks pregnant and I miscarried, so that kind of ruffled me, to say the least.
I still got the next booster after that, and then about 8 months later I contracted covid while 11 weeks pregnant and it was awful for 4 days but not life threatening or needing intervention (other than to kvetch a LOT about not being able to taste the few food which didn't make me feel nauseous).
I honestly don't know if my covid would have been worse or better having not had the vaccine and booster and everything, but I do know that I'd rather vax before trying to conceive, just to be sure, and definitely not while pregnant if it could be avoided. I also think at this point I've had a bunch of vaccines and even then had corona which was horrible and I'm just done with it and won't do any more boosters.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:34 pm
I would never vax currently with the old vaccine, which is useless against new strains.

After the omicron vaccine comes out I would wait a little to see how others react to it, then take it. I would not vax during pregnancy. I would vax before. if you get pregnant before then, I would possibly vax after 24 weeks, but not earlier. considering that covid during pregnancy isn't as bad as it used to be, I would think hard before vaxxing during pregnancy.

thats my personal opinion, based on my knowledge.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:52 pm
Could you wait for preg until the new vax comes out in September?

I have been advising patients who ask me to get the variant-booster if they are young and stable enough to wait another month or two. These are mostly Multiple sclerosis patients of child-bearing age already on medication for their MS.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:56 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I know you said only for those who vax, but my Ahavas Yisroel compels me to
warn:

Please do not vax! Crying

The Death Rate of YOUNGER population 18 - 64 has gone up 40% in ONE Year
following the Covid Vax.

According to a report Wednesday in the Wall Street Journal, US life insurance companies saw nearly a 40 percent rise in death benefit claims in the third quarter of 2021 compared to the pre-pandemic baseline

https://www.wsws.org/en/articl......html

Also Disability in younger population is skyrocketing.

There is a New Term "Sudden ADULT Death Syndrome"

So many videos of athletes, the healthiest population, dropping dead on the field.

Please read Chossid Mom's thread - it is documented by Prestigious Medical Doctors
and Scientists who are bravely speaking out.

Thank you for your Ahavas yisroel. I feel very loved and I’m glad we can disagree with love.

I did read chossidmoms thread btw. Not all but a lot.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 3:02 pm
I got pregnant right away after two vaccinations and a booster I’m now 15 weeks bh.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 3:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi, this is a question for those who vaccinate for covid. If you don’t, please don’t post here, thanks!

I’m vaccinated and got a booster last year. I have covid I be about six months ago. I’m considering going off BC soon and I know Covid is worse for pregnant women.

Should I get another booster now or are there benefits to getting while pregnant?

I don't know if it's always worse necessarily or just has greater risks of landing you in the ER or worse, and harming the baby.

Either way, I would say go for the booster now if you can get it.

I asked my OB if the covid booster works like the pertussis booster and he said we don't know yet and there is no guideline to give it in the third trimester to help the baby develop antibodies. I still want one for myself though so I might ask for it while getting the pertussis booster (though I doubt I'll get it because according to the rules here I'm not eligible for a fourth shot and I already had 3).

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 3:30 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I got pregnant right away after two vaccinations and a booster I’m now 15 weeks bh.

B'shaa tova!!

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 3:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where has this been proven? I would love to see real sources

It doesn't.

She's probably referring to the studies that show that it can temporarily affect the menstrual cycle (as does covid itself). But this is temporary and anyways if you are on BC it shouldn't be relevant because when you get off the BC your cycle will have to get back to normal anyways.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics