Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
VW advertising

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:03 pm
Volkswagen's website is forceofgood.com

I wrote them an email in which I asked:

Quote:
What does "force of good" have to do with your car? I don't see any
connection.

I got the following response:

Quote:
Thank you for visiting vw.com. We appreciate your interest in the
Volkswagen brand. The forces of good campaign, is simply an advertising
campaign, which highlights our model as a friendly, happy, positive
attitude inspiring vehicle.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Maria
Volktalk

Now, am I missing something here? Does she really believe that the metal contraption on wheels with an engine and a few other parts is actually 1) friendly 2) happy annd 3) positive attitude inspiring? Rolling Eyes

Or does she and the company know good and well that this is ludicrous but the public are fools? Confused

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:09 pm
I vote for explanation 2. Yes, people will swallow anything if you feed it to them long enough. Volkswagen should know that pretty well, since the company was founded in response to ym"sh Hitler's request. He who made good use of The Big Lie.

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:21 pm
You don't know German slogans, that's all - they also tell you that sweets make you beautiful and alcohol makes you happy and cigarettes make you a man or a real attractive woman as you like and of course that cars make you happy.... didn't you know?
For a crash-course in German mentality please click here... Mr. Green

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:25 pm
...and RivkaS, I actually went to here and tried to click! embarrassed LOL

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:40 pm
it's advertising in general, not specific to Germany

we've got Marlboro Man and "You've come a long way baby" for Virginia Slims which make smoking seem so very glamorous

ditto for drinking and cars

chavamom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:47 pm
sarahd wrote:
...and RivkaS, I actually went to here and tried to click! embarrassed LOL

I tried to click too.

I don't get it....

chen

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:56 pm
RivkaS must be a yekkete, that's how she can tell you about the german mentality, right? Wink

queen

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 5:26 pm
Motek- welcome to the world of advertising. It's a bigger industry than you realize.

billions are spent BEC. IT WORKS

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 5:32 pm
Yep we have to look behind skin care glam women to see if they r truly peachys and roses Rolling Eyes

Rivka

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 7:41 pm
It is called advertising.
But you cannot advertise cigarettes anymore. Though some of the bill boards for the cig ads were sometimes really funny.

Anyway you can't go by an ad and decide that that item is the one for you.
They can just advertise their product in one word and people will see them.

I work in a chemist, for over the counter things we can have them on the shelves for a year, then the company brings out an advertising scheme and suddenly loads of people want to buy it and there is a huge demand.

RivkaS

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 1:04 am
vayvayvay no I got into the bad credits.... yes I am a Yekke and the click here was also one of this "humor" things that only members of the club understand... I had to laugh when I saw that you really tried the "link" ... sorry... embarrassed LOL
I think I have to keep my stupid yokes for my collegues - we are all Yekkes except for the one "silly" Anglo who does not understand us... Rolling Eyes LOL
Rivka

klotzkashe

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 5:13 am
What was so good about the forces of good cars being used to transport dead and dying Jews during hte holocaust?

Good my foot...

RivkaS

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 6:38 am
I don't understand your question. The Nazis ym'sh did not use VW to transport Jews - they used cattle cars also called box-cars. What

klotzkashe

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 4:17 pm
THey didn't ONLY use trains to transport Jews. When killing small amounts of people they would sometimes used vans to transport them to the forests and back (if they didnt' have time for death marches.)
Also, initially before they had built gas chambers they tested the effects of gas poisoning by enclosing up to 40 Jews in vans. VW's were the locally German vans available and large enough for this purpose.
Also VW's were a major part of Hitler's campaign to get all Germans to breed and create more Aryans. Hence the name Volkswagen (Folk's wagon or People's wagon) the People Mover for the supreme German race.

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 4:20 pm
seems it's some kind of tikun, is'hapcha chashoka l'nehora (transforming darkness into light) ... or they're a bunch of hypocrites, take your pick
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics