Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Due in a month I can’t decide on a car seat

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:25 am
We don’t have a car but we might get a car eventually sooner or later. I’m debating between the Doona and chicco keyfit

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:34 am
You only need a doona if you have a car or use a car a lot. Otherwise get what's cheaper

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:40 am
mushkamothers wrote:
You only need a doona if you have a car or use a car a lot. Otherwise get what's cheaper

Yes for your reply. Why is the doona better than the other car seats?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:40 am
Tell us about your lifestyle. What’s your main mode of transport?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:42 am
SuperWify wrote:
Tell us about your lifestyle. What’s your main mode of transport?

Right now by Uber or train

polished

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:49 am
mushkamothers wrote:

I disagree with this. I think if you don’t have a car and regularly use cabs then a Doona is the best way to go. When you have your own car you have time to go into the trunk and set up the buggy. With a cab you have to rush out of a car mid street

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Right now by Uber or train

For a taxi it’s useful but if your on the train a lot you need a sturdy stroller and the doona is not sturdy and it’s not a stroller….

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 12:20 pm
Keep in mind a doona does not have a basket to store things.

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:36 pm
Highly recommend the Doona, I have small babies so they’ve lasted in there till 18-20 months old. Super convenient if you can afford it. If not you can try to buy second hand but try to buy from someone you trust, as once it’s in an accident it’s not safe to use anymore. (Mine was in an accident so we cut the straps and threw it out, not everyone is so good and might still sell it which can be dangerous in another accident since we don’t know if screws are loose etc..)

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:42 pm
polished wrote:
I disagree with this. I think if you don’t have a car and regularly use cabs then a Doona is the best way to go. When you have your own car you have time to go into the trunk and set up the buggy. With a cab you have to rush out of a car mid street

I agree with this although I have to say the straps are quite annoying to deal with but I wonder if maybe all car seats are like that?

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:57 pm
I drive everywhere and I have never bought a doona. I've looked into it, but it doesn't talk to me.
Its very heavy for in and out of the car, specially if you have bags and other children that need your help to get out. I like the maxi cosi , because it's light weight and I have a million things and children to carry in and out of the car.
But I do see that a doona could work for in and out of the car into the supermarket, if you don't have other things/ppl to shlep.
It's not a stroller for the street.

gootlfriends

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:00 pm
For the train you might want a baby carrier. Strollers are a hassle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics