Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bussing Toms River

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 3:01 pm
Can someone explain the process to me? If my school has bussing from TR, but I got a Voucher Aide form, does that mean I for sure have no bussing? Also if that’s the case, is there any hope that I can get onto a different bus route, so that I can still get bussing even if it’s a bit farther?

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 3:03 pm
Do you mean aid in lieu? Some schools pay for toms river busing so you get aid in lieu and you give it to your school to cover the cost. Aid in lieu just means you don't get board of ed busing, it doesn't mean your school didn't arrange a bus. We live further out and are driving to the toms river bus. Call your school and ask them what your options are regarding busing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 3:06 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
Do you mean aid in lieu? Some schools pay for toms river busing so you get aid in lieu and you give it to your school to cover the cost. Aid in lieu just means you don't get board of ed busing, it doesn't mean your school didn't arrange a bus. We live further out and are driving to the toms river bus. Call your school and ask them what your options are regarding busing.

Thank you. I’ll call the school.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 3:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can someone explain the process to me? If my school has bussing from TR, but I got a Voucher Aide form, does that mean I for sure have no bussing? Also if that’s the case, is there any hope that I can get onto a different bus route, so that I can still get bussing even if it’s a bit farther?

If You got Aid in lieu your route wasn't picked up and you have no bussing.
Not sure what that means to call the school to find out your options. You don't have bussing. You will need to make a carpool or a van.
-TR Resident here and had both experiences

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 3:16 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
If You got Aid in lieu your route wasn't picked up and you have no bussing.
Not sure what that means to call the school to find out your options. You don't have bussing. You will need to make a carpool or a van.
-TR Resident here and had both experiences

Some schools have private busing. She should call and find out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries