Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Nap schedule change with playgroup, need help adjusting

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:02 pm
My son stared playgroup today. At the babysitter last year the babysitter put down every kid differently when they were tired and when their naps were. In this playgroup the morah puts all the kids down at the same time. Do kids learn to nap together and actually shluff? I cant imagine my son will do that...

My baby wakes up at 6 am and usually goes down for a 1.5 hour nap at around 11 AM-12:30 PM. He is asleep for the night by 6:45 PM. This works for my baby and he sleeps through the night BH.

This morah wants to do nap time @12. Will my baby adjust to going to nap an hour later? Will bedtime be pushed later now? Its 8 pm and my baby is yapping in bed and screaming... he is 20 months.

FTM btw Wink

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:07 pm
They do adapt. He may need to go to bed a bit later and wake up a bit later though.

My daughter went from a 10:30 nap to a 12:00 nap within a week of starting daycare.

They do put her down earlier if necessary, but she generally pushes herself to stay awake until everyone else goes down.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:07 pm
Wow , I think babies do adjust.

Maybe he will have a shorter sleep and then go to bed but sleep in later..
I would try to keep his bedtimes same for now Nd see what time wakes up...

If she cant manage to put him to sleep earlier then 12, and you see its not working maybe you could ask her to wake him earlier so hel still sleep the night.

Is 6 am normal wakeup for 20 months?
Have you tried later bedtime?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:09 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
They do adapt. He may need to go to bed a bit later and wake up a bit later though.

My daughter went from a 10:30 nap to a 12:00 nap within a week of starting daycare.

They do put her down earlier if necessary, but she generally pushes herself to stay awake until everyone else goes down.

Ok good to know. We have tried before to put his bedtime later, but he still woke up at 6 am! How can I make him stay sleeping in the morning? He is legit wide awake at 6 am calling for my husband "aba aba" Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:09 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Wow , I think babies do adjust.

Maybe he will have a shorter sleep and then go to bed but sleep in later..
I would try to keep his bedtimes same for now Nd see what time wakes up...

If she cant manage to put him to sleep earlier then 12, and you see its not working maybe you could ask her to wake him earlier so hel still sleep the night.

Is 6 am normal wakeup for 20 months?
Have you tried later bedtime?

Ive tried later bedtime but hes exhausted by 6:30 and rubbing his eyes he starts crawling towards his crib!

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ive tried later bedtime but hes exhausted by 6:30 and rubbing his eyes he starts crawling towards his crib!

So your kid might be like mine who still sleeps 6-6 no matter when she naps. I find she just needs cuddles and stories to help her wind down.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:29 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
So your kid might be like mine who still sleeps 6-6 no matter when she naps. I find she just needs cuddles and stories to help her wind down.

The morah doesnt seem the type to give her cuddles tho
I just hope her bed time now doesnt get pushed off. 6:45 is great I have the rest of my night to deal with the house and laundry etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics