Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Seudos hodaah .. ideas on ways to show thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:20 pm
My rav said I didn’t haveto make a seudos hodaah but my child went through something last year at this time which was very scary and we would like to make something to thank Hashem. Any ideas how I can still show Hashem my hakaros hatov, maybe tell over the story in some way . I was thinking to do the shabbas boxes for people who come but that is done during the 9 days. Any other ideas is welcome . Thank you

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:26 pm
Posting your story on a Thank you Hashem forum?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:46 pm
We do an annual kiddush and tell people the story.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:17 pm
We made a beautiful seudas hodaah and invited both our families, the Rav who held our hand throughout and the doctor who was the shaliach. And my husbands boss who was so understanding during the time. We had a minyan and my husband said nishmas out loud in front of everyone.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 2:35 am
We did a seuda with the people who had been on the "journey" with us, and the DC in question (not so young) spoke. It was very emotional.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:06 am
Thank you everyone for all your responses … I
Would love to say my story but I can’t get up and public speak even to family members …. So not sure what else to do…

DVOM

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:30 am
We made a Kiddush.

EishesYo

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:39 am
How about a small kiddush and a nice tzedakah donation

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:44 am
We listened to our rav and didn't make one. Thank Hashem privately?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:12 am
Someone in my neighborhood did a brachos party for the local kids on shabbos afternoon for something like this.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:15 am
My kids school has this nice thing where you can sponsor a day of learning for any reason and they send a nice email to the parent body. You could do something like that.

amf

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:27 am
My husband made a siyum and coordinated it to be around a year after the event. At the siyum, he also spoke about the event after the actual siyum/kaddish

rachelli66

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:16 am
Great ideas from the women. Maybe a small Kiddush, good friends, and family. Maybe a small Shalosh Seudot with washing, some salads, family. If you can't speak maybe someone else can. It can also just be for family if it's easier.

Living Princess

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 12:11 pm
Can you put it on YouTube or some other channel and post a link here? Would love to hear your story. I'm sure many of us would get Chizuk from it.

iluvy

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 1:23 pm
Our rav told us that whenever she has a milestone we should upgrade how we would usually celebrate it and thank Hashem. E.g. for her first birthday we had fleishig and washed (just a bbq).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics