Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Tell me something Heartwarming!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:01 pm
I've learned that small things can make a very big difference.

I was on the phone with a friend today when my husband walked in. He started talking to me, and was upset about something. I answered as discreetly as possible, then went back to the phone to tell my friend I had to go. (I had to hang up either way, I needed to get somewhere.) When I started speaking on the phone again, it took an extra moment until she responded. She then explained that when she hears talking on the other end of a phone call, she moves the phone a little away from her ear so that she won't listen in on other conversations, but that's why it took an extra moment to hear me speaking to her again.
I found that to be so thoughtful and sensitive, giving me my privacy when she knew I may be uncomfortable.

This is a close friend of mine that I am so grateful to have. She is incredibly special in many ways, I can fill a very long thread with the things I love about her. But when I thought about this later, I realized that small gestures like this can really be very big.

Can you share something nice or caring or thoughtful or anything else heartwarming?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:05 pm

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:11 pm
My baby had a hard time breathing a few days ago and we called Hatzolah. Two guys showed up at 5:22 am. I was blown away. They then calmed us down and stayed for a bit to make sure she was really ok.

I couldn’t get over the beauty of the Jewish family. How much we really just all care about each other.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:15 pm
I was speaking to one of my clients today and said something like I'm just a secretary so I guess...
He didn't even let me finish my sentence and he interrupted me to say your not "just" a secretary! Your important to the business too! He had me in tears. He had me in tears.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:18 pm
Oops I just started a similar thread not realizing this thread was started. Maybe mods can combine the 2.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:19 pm
I was walking on Shabbos and saw someone I recognized from many years ago. I wasn’t sure if she even remembered me. I said good shabbos to her, and she said good shabbos back. Then she realized it was me, and she said “oh hi Sara.”
Using my name meant so much to me, idk why.

It really shows such kindness when you greet someone using their name.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:23 pm
Not sure if this qualifies but I bumped into an old camp friend in the supermarket today, someone I haven’t seen in 25 years, who instantly recognized me . It was so heartwarming to rekindle that friendship for a few minutes and it brightened my mood for the rest of the day !

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:09 pm
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational