Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bar mitzvah

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 12:15 am
I'm making bar mitzvah less then 2 months...I dont have brothers so I have no clue what a bar mitzvah entails...my husband is on a different planet and as much as I tried asking what my son needs I walk in a wall....so here I am...chasidish-satmar family...what does my kid need? Any lesson he's supoose to take? Do chasidish people lein on shabbos (I saw on here that some people do), do we give a kiddush in shul? Is a kiddush optional?! How does he learn to put on tefilin? Does he go to a teacher ? Sorry I'm just clueless! And nervous !

I do know you need a pshetel...does a father usually write one? Do I buy it somewhere?!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 4:43 pm
Bump

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:01 pm
I think most of these questions you should ask a trusted friend or a classmate.
Regarding leaning,my son non chassidish spent a year learning his leinging. If you only have 2 months maybe he can learn maftir in that time.
Does your son have a Shul that he Davens in regularly? You should contact the gabbai to make sure that there are available aliyahs that week and if the kiddish can be sponsored in Shul.
For tefellin most boys practice putting on about a month before their actually BM. I am assuming that that don’t make a Bracha during that time but not 100% sure.
Does you son have a class rebbi you can ask him or your son what other boys have done
Good luck

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:03 pm
Normally the father teaches them how to put on tefillin, but there will probably be something in school as well. They normally learn the halachos the year most of the boys are Bar Mitzvah. If your husband can't teach him, ask one of the grandfathers or else his teacher. Most boys I know start putting them on about a month before the Bar Mitzvah, but you should probably find out about local minhagim where you live.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 12:37 am
So my son is having bar mitzvah esrei chag. His birthday is on chol hamoed. So he learned with his rebbe from last year and he also wrote his Peshatel. I think everyone does what they want and u would need to find out what ur and Husband family did. So my son will be oila the shabbos before his bar mitzvah (birthday) the shul we daven in makes a kiddish every week regardless so don’t know if we’ll order anything special. Best would be to ask his rebbe or a close friend that just made bar mitzvah that sends to same cheder or davens in same shul like you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics