Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How much should I expect to pay

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:00 am
I live OOT
I’ll be traveling to NY after YT
My sheitels are 9 & 10 yrs old, I paid $800 each including cut and style
My Shabbos one is still pretty good because it’s not worn as much, but my everyday one is starting to show its yrs.

I’m not looking for over the top, something good quality but not the super best
Length- a little pass the shoulder
I like a full wig when it comes to density
No lace front
Nothing too delicate so I can wear without worry that I might tear the cap etc.

BTW - dark brown

I’d love if it’s on where the front doesn’t fall in my face, but I don’t know if you can get that without being a lace front

If my next Sheitel can last as long as this one did it would be great, but the 10 yrs was more like 8 if you subtract covid

How much can I expect to pay
This way I know if it’s worth for me to look this trip or save a bit more and wait

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:24 am
Irene or Miri will probably be your cheapest options. If you wear shoulder length you can probably get away with a 21" Irene or 14" Miri which will still be just under 2k. Past shoulder length your gonna be paying more than 2k. Obviously every Sheitelmacher charges differently according to expertise, some more some less.
If you want away from your face don't cut short hair in the front and wear it pinned back. Or you can add a lot of babyhair at the hairline in a way that pushes the hair away from the face.
Make sure you go to someone with a good reputation that can do a quick turnaround time. I don't know where in NY you'll be but Mushky Baumgarten is experienced and fantastic. She lives in Crown Heights and is pretty reasonably priced. (No I am not her Smile I don't live in NY anymore.)
https://instagram.com/mushky_h.....2M2Y=

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:27 am
Chaya Heiligman does sales on miris and irenes sarys. I bought a full sheital for 450$ (new)

1718 715 9009

kineret

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:33 am
I have an Irene dark brown that I’m selling for 700, I live in Brooklyn if you’re interested. I bought it and wore it twice, the color is too dark for me, but the hair is amazing quality and really soft.

nkdassy

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 7:52 pm
Note re lace top:
All of my sheitels are not lace top and they sit away from my face with a nice part and a good hairline. Opting for baby hairs helps with the natural aspect but not needed.
I don’t own a single lace top or lace front and I love my wigs! Totally possible!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:06 pm
OP I just got this text

**HUGE WIG SALE!!**
This Sunday, September 11th!!

Wigs starting at $475!!
Falls starting at $685!!

Irene, Miri, Sary, Kiki, Bliss, Eva and Chloe!!

301 Ave C, Front door.
10:30 - 1:30
8:00 - 9:45

Chaya Heiligman
Call or Text
(718) 715 - 9009
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels