Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pro vax answers only
Previous  1  2  3  Next

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 4:34 pm
Didn’t have any issues nor did my husband or any family member r that had it (and most of my extended family did atleast one booster).

Ironically the people I know who’ve had heart issues and clotting issues since covid were not vaccinated. One elderly person died but the rest were young and the dr said most likely from covid so I don’t think it’s like you’re 100% safe either way tbh.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:07 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Didn’t have any issues nor did my husband or any family member r that had it (and most of my extended family did atleast one booster).

Ironically the people I know who’ve had heart issues and clotting issues since covid were not vaccinated. One elderly person died but the rest were young and the dr said most likely from covid so I don’t think it’s like you’re 100% safe either way tbh.

I’m rolling my eyes so hard rn.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:13 pm
Listen, only a few months before the covid vaccines came out my aunt passed away out of the blue in her mid 60s, if it would have happened only six months later in sure people would attribute her death to the vax - but obviously it’s unconnected.
Sometimes these things just happen and it’s impossible to know for sure why.
I’m not saying there could not possibly be death caused by the covid vaccine - just that if doesn’t seem to be very wide-spread or common.
I don’t know what it’s like in the US, but in Israel even until now, anti-vaxxers tend to attribute deaths of young people to the vaccine even even there is absolutely no connection - like when the person died in an accident or from an illness - they will spread false rumors that this was because of the vax, much to the chagrin of their family members.
So I don’t doubt stories that happened to you or your loved ones, because anything is possible, but I would take with a grain of salt anything that came through the grapevine.
I personally experienced bad side effects from the vaccine, as I mentioned, it was like a bad flu, plus my upper arm was swollen and itchy for a good few weeks. That was upthread very unpleasant, but I don’t know many people who had such a bad reaction to the vaccine, and I had an even worse reaction to the tetanus shot - so I guess I have some sort of sensitivity to vaccines.
I took the booster as my immediate family members were such with the delta, but chose not to take a second booster, because the recent variants seem mild and not to be effected by the vaccine.
However, I will get another shot if another violent variant like the delta comes back.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:14 pm
Pregnancy issues and miscarriages happened before covid. 1/4 conceived babies in a miscarriage.

Right before covid I had a miscarriage.

And during covid I had two vaccines during my pregnancy, covid, and a bad case of bronchitis that put me in the hospital, and other high risk pregnancy stuff and I had a beautiful healthy baby I love.

So does covid vaxx cause healthy babies?

Like you can't be omg I got a cold during the past two years to covid causes colds.

You need to look at data and percentages.

I know doctors and nurses and they all said they don't think pregnancy issues or miscarriages went up. They were as often before. TMI

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:15 pm
No,no and no. I work with seniors.. nobody had any bad effects from the vaccine. Good luck.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:17 pm
I know a few 30-35 year olds that had strokes.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:16 pm
My entire extended family and I have been vaccinated and boosted with no problems.

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:37 pm
Since we really can’t know, weigh the Covid risk as it is NOW.
Covid now is hardly dangerous or severe, but since the vaccine is still in the unknown and quite controversial, and definitely doesn’t work, why risk it?

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:38 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
No,no and no. I work with seniors.. nobody had any bad effects from the vaccine. Good luck.

If a senior would have a stroke or cardiac arrest, would you give a thought that it might be a vaccine side effect, or is it automatically “normal” for this age....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:42 pm
As I said Im not looking for causation, I'm not a scientist, just been a lot of things around me happening and I wanted to check with others anecdotally speaking. Just needed to calm myself. It is still experimental in it still has not reached the standard of usual proof that things get before they are in use, especially not time passed. I think until we get to the 7+ years I will not feel 1000% confident in it. But thank you for answering because it has helped me feel better about things.

Obviously viruses can cause things, and to the one poster who said of course not no one had any side effects, that is ridiculous, everyone knows that all vaccines have the few who have bad and serious side effects, just like with all medicines. But I appreciate everyone who took the time to answer me seriously.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:05 pm
My parents, myself, DH and my kids are vaccinated. I work in a hospital where vaccination was mandatory for employees. I haven't heard of any of the complications people have mentioned.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:12 pm
Got the shots, no side effects, less severe covid than my husband who didn't get it. Two healthy pregnancies.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:03 pm
My MIL (88) has had 2 primary shots and 2 boosters.
My dad and stepmother (70s) have had also.
My husband has had 2 primary shots and 2 boosters. (55)
I've had 2 primary shots and 1 booster (42)

My kids have all had 2 primary shots and 1 booster each. (ages 7-17--kah 3 kids)

My sister and her husband (both 40s) have had primary shots and 1 booster (he might have had a second because he's immunocompromised) and their kids have gotten all recommended shots and boosters as applicable. (ages 4-7--kah 2 kids)

My husband's brothers all vaccinated and boosted, and nothing of interest in side effects there--either just arm pain or maybe feeling meh for a day.

My brother isn't vaccinated.

I have no other family.

None had any significant issues. My stepmother, myself, and my older kids felt meh but not horrible after the 2nd/3rd shots. My MIL, father, husband always felt fine except a little arm pain--but yes my husband felt a little out of hit after the second booster, but again, just meh for a day.

I don't know of the specifics for the other family above, but nothing beyond arm pain and maybe feeling meh for a day or two.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:04 pm
I also have over a dozen direct reports at work, all fully vaccinated and most boosted. Again, no side effects more than arm pain at injection and feeling meh for a day or two. Men and women, ages 20-58.

ETA My company employs close to 8000 people. over 95% are fully vaccinated and at least half if not more are boosted. We have not had a wave of vaccination induced death or medical leave as a result.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:18 pm
scruffy wrote:
None of the above BH. Vaxxed and boosted (although I don't plan on getting a second booster at the moment.)

But asking a question here will only give you anecdotal evidence. Talk to your own doctor.

Wondering why you’re not getting the booster. I hear a lot of people who got the first and second shots saying they won’t get a third - my mother is one of these people, and doesn’t seem to have a reason. I am not asking this to be annoying or belligerent, I’m genuinely curious if people got vaxxed and the reason they are not getting the third is because of peer pressure , feeling like they don’t need it, the fear has passed, or something else etc.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:32 pm
My very pro vax close relative in her 60s immediately began suffering episodes of vertigo after her booster. I feel terribly for her, it has been debilitating and very scary as she does not yet know if it is going to be a chronic issue. Vertigo is a known side effect of the vaccine but one few seem to think about.

I personally know two young, healthy women very close to me who suffered repeated miscarriages after vaccinating. After many healthy and smooth pregnancies Pre vax. Not one doctor will say it's connected and I can't tell you that it is but it is very concerning.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:36 pm
Very very concerning.

Rosie89

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:41 pm
I am vaccinated; so are all of my siblings and siblings-in-law (ages 30-40), their children between the ages of 13-20 (younger kids did not get the vaccine), and parents (mid to high 60s). Most of my friends and co-workers are vaccinated as well. No one has had any side effects/issues.

new oldie

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:42 pm
I know lots and lots and lots of people who were vaccinated and I don’t know if anyone who developed anything. Lots of healthy mommies and babies Baruch HaShem!

I know people who had covid and weren’t vaccinated and they had miscarriages, unfortunately.

I don’t know anyone personally who developed any unusual health conditions after being vaccinated. I think people want to blame things that happen on something and right now the covid vaccine is an easy target. Even a few weeks ago I asked an emergency room doctor about covid cases and was told that most bad cases right now are from ppl who are not vaccinated.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 12:01 am
We're all, immediate and extended family, vaccinated and boosted. Most of us had no side effects. My 7 yr old the shot triggered his asthma really badly. so he didn't get boosted. But as the doctor says, if the vaccine triggered his asthma who knows what covid would have done to it?

On the other hand, I have 2 kids with long term issues after having corona (they were ill after being vaccinated, the actual week they were ill was just a mild flu but long term there are serious repercussions). I am not giving more boosters because I see they were ill anyway so what on earth for?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics