Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Has anyone downloaded the App from Raizy Fried?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Hunter

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:00 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Malky had the idea for a long time, true, but she didn't talk about it, no one knew about it. Raizy can't read anyone's thoughts, so she didn't know that Malky had this idea. Why can't you believe that 2 women are creative and 2 women had ideas of their own? It's not so unbelievable.

Who said that Malky didnt talk about her idea? I am saying that Malky was the original creator because she is a comedian and has experience working on plays and live comedy shows so this show is a natural progression for her. Raizy, otoh, copies lots of things from other sites (I have seen her copy things from pinterest and other trendy sites) and doesnt have the same experiences that Malky has so she copied Malky and is now pretending that its her own idea when its not. Not sure why I am even bothering to argue about it since its just going in circles.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:01 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Look, I'm not here to judge Raizy. I'm not trying to convince anyone that Raizy did something bad, not at all. It's not my place. I'm here to explain the mentality of the OP and many others like her. You don't agree? No problem. I wouldn't start a thread like OP did either. I think it's in poor taste. But I do understand why she thinks what she thinks since I raised an eyebrow too.
If after my explanations, you still don't understand why anyone in the chassidishe world, even someone who comes on imamother, would have a problem with it, you are probably from a different chassidishe planet or are being purposely obtuse. Either way, I'm done.

Oh I would love for you to explain the mentality of OP actually. But, it's not what you think it is.

The backhanded mentality of opening a thread asking for reviews and then coming in a page later to start hacking against her.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:02 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Look, I'm not here to judge Raizy. I'm not trying to convince anyone that Raizy did something bad, not at all. It's not my place. I'm here to explain the mentality of the OP and many others like her. You don't agree? No problem. I wouldn't start a thread like OP did either. I think it's in poor taste. But I do understand why she thinks what she thinks since I raised an eyebrow too.
If after my explanations, you still don't understand why anyone in the chassidishe world, even someone who comes on imamother, would have a problem with it, you are probably from a different chassidishe planet or are being purposely obtuse. Either way, I'm done.

I'm from the Williamsburg chassidish planet. I'm not being obtuse. I'm still saying that she's not doing anything wrong or even questionable. Her rabbanim habe no issue with technology. She's not representing chassidish women. She's representing herself. And she's not looking to target chassidish women. She's targeting all women. As adults, we're mature enough to decide on our own what we should be watching and what not. It's not the responsibility of the one putting out the content.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:02 pm
Rubies wrote:
Why are we fighting over whose idea came first? Feels like color war.
Ra Ra Team Raizy
Ma Ma Team Malky

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:04 pm
Chassidish woman - I feel so stifled by the rules, I want to be creative and do my own thing. I feel like dropping everything.

Others- don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. You can be yourself and be creative and still be frum.

Chassidish woman- gets creative, does her own thing, creates an app, still dresses very tzanua and double covers because you know we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Others- OMG you're dressed like a chassidish woman how could you do this????

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:05 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Chassidish woman - I feel so stifled by the rules, I want to be creative and do my own thing. I feel like dropping everything.

Others- don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. You can be yourself and be creative and still be frum.

Chassidish woman- gets creative, does her own thing, creates an app, still dresses very tzanua and double covers because you know we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Others- OMG you're dressed like a chassidish woman how could you do this????

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Which is why I stand with my opinion that it's jealousy and imfargin.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:06 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Who said that Malky didnt talk about her idea? I am saying that Malky was the original creator because she is a comedian and has experience working on plays and live comedy shows so this show is a natural progression for her. Raizy, otoh, copies lots of things from other sites (I have seen her copy things from pinterest and other trendy sites) and doesnt have the same experiences that Malky has so she copied Malky and is now pretending that its her own idea when its not. Not sure why I am even bothering to argue about it since its just going in circles.

Goodness, there is no one person who has a monopoly on apps.

The posts on here are going from bad to worse. An entire lashon hara/motzei shem ra fest.

This entire thread reeks of jealousy.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:07 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Unless she personally told you that she copied the idea from Malky, then you can't know. And talking about her like this is real lashon hora.

amother
Hunter

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:08 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I'm chassidish. For a chassidish women, Imamother is 100% worse than Raizy's App. You get exposed to way more on imamother then you even will on Raizy's App. The app won't expose you to anything questionable, I can't say the same for imamother.
If you are chassidish, you should understand.

Again, its not comparable for you to come on imamother vs Raizy putting content out for everyone. Yael works hard to only allow frum women on the site and its moderated while anyone can download Raizys app, including men. And we all know about the "frum women having faces" campaign so its fascinating that the same chasidishe women who dont want womens faces in the magazines their husbands read are perfectly ok with their husbands downloading Raizy's app even though it has women on it. So does Raizy make sure that only women have access to it like Yael does for imamother? Kids cant come on imamother, can kids download Raizy's app and if so, is it appropriate content for them? And if Raizy is not only targeting chasidishe women and wants her app to be diverse and open to everyone then why wouldnt she have Flatbushgirl on it (as someone mentioned that she doesnt speak to flatbushgirl so it seems contradictory when its supposedly open for everyone)?

asmileaday

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:08 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause
Which is why I stand with my opinion that it's jealousy and imfargin.

Nah I don't think it's jealousy. I think it's just a plain narrow-minded 'don't change with the world' chassidish attitude at play here.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:09 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Oh I would love for you to explain the mentality of OP actually. But, it's not what you think it is.

The backhanded mentality of opening a thread asking for reviews and then coming in a page later to start hacking against her.

Exactly. It's erev Rosh Hashanah and now OP is responsible for starting a lashon hora talking chain. She's responsible for every person that posted lashon hora on this thread as well as for her own lashon hora.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:12 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Again, its not comparable for you to come on imamother vs Raizy putting content out for everyone. Yael works hard to only allow frum women on the site and its moderated while anyone can download Raizys app, including men. And we all know about the "frum women having faces" campaign so its fascinating that the same chasidishe women who dont want womens faces in the magazines their husbands read are perfectly ok with their husbands downloading Raizy's app even though it has women on it. So does Raizy make sure that only women have access to it like Yael does for imamother? Kids cant come on imamother, can kids download Raizy's app and if so, is it appropriate content for them? And if Raizy is not only targeting chasidishe women and wants her app to be diverse and open to everyone then why wouldnt she have Flatbushgirl on it (as someone mentioned that she doesnt speak to flatbushgirl so it seems contradictory when its supposedly open for everyone)?

Because you clearly don’t know Raizy. Raizy has values.

I never noticed a Rabbinical certification on this site.
Have you?

There really is no difference.

Welcome to the internet. Where people use their own judgement and do as they think is right.
It is your responsibility to have boundaries on your feed.
Yours and nobody else’s.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:13 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Oy you might wanna stop spewing before you embarras yourself further.
You make no sense.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:13 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

This post makes no sense.
NONE of this is Raizy's responsibility. None. Zilch. She's not responsible for what men may or may not be doing. She's not responsible for what other people's kids may or may not be doing. And there's nothing wrong halachically if a man decides to watch, there's no kol isha involved. Men can also watch the Malky show if they want to. It's not the women's problem.
She wouldn't have Flatbush girl because she wouldn't have anyone that's questionable to yiddishkeit and anyone that mocks yiddishkeit.
Malky had on the show a women that doesn't cover her hair and doesn't dress tzenuis. I don't think Raizy will ever bring such a women on her show.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:14 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Wait a minute.

Are you saying that the same women who don't want womens faces in magazines are okay with their husbands having unfiltered smartphones?

And are you saying that chassidish kids have smartphones and are downloading apps? And therefore your biggest concern is that they might also download this app?

And the best one yet. You want her to be on a certain standard. But since she doesn't follow your own exacting standards, you don't understand why she is holding it to a certain standard and avoiding interviewing those who she doesn't feel meet the standards she wants her app to be on?

How convoluted.

amother
Hunter

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:23 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Wait a minute.

Are you saying that the same women who don't want womens faces in magazines are okay with their husbands having unfiltered smartphones?

And are you saying that chassidish kids have smartphones and are downloading apps? And therefore your biggest concern is that they might also download this app?

And the best one yet. You want her to be on a certain standard. But since she doesn't follow your own exacting standards, you don't understand why she is holding it to a certain standard and avoiding interviewing those who she doesn't feel meet the standards she wants her app to be on?

How convoluted.

No, the question is, if you are ok with your husband watching women on an app then why are you not ok with your husband seeing women in a magazine?
If you are ok with your husbands being exposed to the things that the women discuss on Raizy's app then why are you not ok with your husbands being exposed to the things that women discuss on imamother? Your husbands are adults they can decide what conversation they want to participate in, why not allow them access to imamother if you are ok with them having exposure to female conversations on an app?
You are the one saying that imamother and Raizys app is the same thing so why not give everyone access to imamother in the same way they have access to Raizys app if its the same thing?
And I dont know what standard Raizy follows on her app but you claim that her app is not just for chasidishe women so if she is so openminded and likes diversity then why not have flatbushgirl on the app?

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:30 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
No, the question is, if you are ok with your husband watching women on an app then why are you not ok with your husband seeing women in a magazine?
If you are ok with your husbands being exposed to the things that the women discuss on Raizy's app then why are you not ok with your husbands being exposed to the things that women discuss on imamother? Your husbands are adults they can decide what conversation they want to participate in, why not allow them access to imamother if you are ok with them having exposure to female conversations on an app?
You are the one saying that imamother and Raizys app is the same thing so why not give everyone access to imamother in the same way they have access to Raizys app if its the same thing?
And I dont know what standard Raizy follows on her app but you claim that her app is not just for chasidishe women so if she is so openminded and likes diversity then why not have flatbushgirl on the app?

You're so not making sense. Do you really think that it was chasidishe women that decided to not put pictures of women in magazines? It has nothing to do with chassidish women.
And according to your point of view, how is the Malkie Show different than the app?
And we are not our husbands mashgichim, we can't exactly control what they do or don't do.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:31 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

Since when are we trying to control what the men read?
They can read whatever they want.

They can see pictures of women in magazines for all most of us care.

Most of the things you are writing don’t make much sense if you know Raizy.

What do you think will be on her app already?
Talking to Shluchos how amazing they are?

Raizy has values. It’s not about who’s watching.
It’s about who Raizy is as a person.

Ruchi

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:36 pm
A chassidishe woman putting herself out publicly on Instagram and on an app is definitely not atypical.
It's something that clashes with the chassidishe mehalech.

Though, Raizy has forged her own path and is fully confident about it.
We have to remember that Not everyone fits into the standard and typical chassidishe cookie cutter mould.
Raizy has found a happy balance for herself yet still loves and embraces the chassidishe things that are meaningful to her

I totally fargin Raizy to earn big money and have lots of success.
I have her cookbook and I'm really amazed at her talents ka"h.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:44 pm
Ruchi wrote:
A chassidishe woman putting herself out publicly on Instagram and on an app is definitely not atypical.
It's something that clashes with the chassidishe mehalech.

Though, Raizy has forged her own path and is fully confident about it.
We have to remember that Not everyone fits into the standard and typical chassidishe cookie cutter mould.
Raizy has found a happy balance for herself yet still loves and embraces the chassidishe things that are meaningful to her

I totally fargin Raizy to earn big money and have lots of success.
I have her cookbook and I'm really amazed at her talents ka"h.

And I think this is what people can't fathom. She has created her own path that makes her happy while staying in line with halacha and is happy with her chasidishe life. She has the self confidence and guts to do what makes her happy and not allow others negativity to push her down. I think people can't fathom that she's successful, and proudly chasidish.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics