Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you consider the new booster?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:36 pm
I am thinking about the new booster. This nurse who has a PhD in nursing that I have been watching as he has given daily clear updates since the very beginning has given a summary on it today.

At first he was all for the vaccines. Then as there were a few cases of side effects he started saying it was due to incorrectly injecting the needle into a blood vessel and it needs to be in the muscle and not directly into the blood stream and that is why those people had bad side effects. He said if the people giving them aspirated first even though painful it wouldn't give side effects.

But todays video all about the omicron booster shows just really raises a lot of questions and no good answers. All the way to the very end of the video. So now I am not sure what to do.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:39 pm
That would be a NO from this girl

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:41 pm
I am considering it as the fall approaches with, I assume, the possibility of a new wave. I'd like to hear more.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:52 pm
The new booster was only tested on mice. Not humans. So if you want to be the test, then by all means take it.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:56 pm
Why are you scared of the new variants any more than you are scared of a common cold?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:00 pm
No way. Didn't take any covid vaccines.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:12 pm
The recent strains of Covid are no longer severe. The vaccines do not halt transmission, are effective for a only fleeting amount of time, and are known to be associated with myocarditis. Repeated boosters and more boosters can only increase the incidence of vacccine-related injury.

Hashem designed us so that we are supposed to get sick sometimes — getting sick occasionally strengthens our immune system. But the very word COVID drives people into a panic.

Additionally, there are effective treatments (NOT Paxlovid). I had Covid a few months ago, took Ivermectin immediately (and a friend sent over some chicken soup), and only felt sick for one day.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:41 pm
Imo you should get a booster every month. This way the rich making all the money from the vaccines can get richer and buy another mansion on a secluded island.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 1:54 am
On the one hand, I'm really looking forward to it - I have family members in higher risk groups and I will take as many needles as it takes if it keeps them all healthy.

On the other hand, as others have mentioned, there hasn't been much testing on this version yet. I might give it a month or two after coming out and see if they find any problems before jumping in.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:07 am
DEFINITELY NOT!!!

The risk benefit calculation has dramatically shifted.
It made sense in the height of Covid when we knew nothing and people were dying R"L to opt for the vaccine when it came out.

Now absolutely not. B"H the mutated strains are not typically severe whereas many unknowns remain about the vaccine as would with anything new. And in fact more data coming out about the true efficacy or lack thereof in preventing transmission and getting covid as well as increased information about side effects make it a no for us.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:18 am
No, and if it’s required in the hospital I work at I will seriously quit. Enough already.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:30 am
Not right now. I got Covid a second time) after being vaccinated and boosted and it didn’t seem so mild to be worth being sick for a week after the shot.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 5:18 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
On the one hand, I'm really looking forward to it - I have family members in higher risk groups and I will take as many needles as it takes if it keeps them all healthy.

On the other hand, as others have mentioned, there hasn't been much testing on this version yet. I might give it a month or two after coming out and see if they find any problems before jumping in.

People who get vaccinated also get and spread covid so how does you vaccinating help them?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:58 am
no way no how. are people so stupid to think this vaccine would work after the lasts ones didn't? People still got covid and still transmitted covid. and for those that say they got a mild case, well so are all the unvaccinated, because its more mild now for everyone. enough already!

rachelli66

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:59 am
Not me.

m-u-a-mama

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 2:41 pm
I got 2 vaccines last summer to move to israel. We asked a shaailah. That being said, I would not get a booster.

Otoh..... I was discharged today from the hospital after 5 days of the weirdest symptoms I ever experienced. I keep testing negative for covid but my Dr's are convinced that's what it is, just hiding. Kinda stuck ATM, I have no idea what to do next....

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:05 pm
No.

What evidence is there that it’s even worth considering?

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:06 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

Unfortunately this initial promise has not been fulfilled. All the needles in the world do not prevent transmission unfortunately.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:43 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
I got 2 vaccines last summer to move to israel. We asked a shaailah. That being said, I would not get a booster.

Otoh..... I was discharged today from the hospital after 5 days of the weirdest symptoms I ever experienced. I keep testing negative for covid but my Dr's are convinced that's what it is, just hiding. Kinda stuck ATM, I have no idea what to do next....

Refuah sheleima
Have you been tested for other viruses too? We had human Metapneumovirus here recently and I felt more sick and longer recovery than with covid...

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:04 pm
Just got covid for the 1st time a month ago. I had no boosters. It was a migraine, exhaustion and some flu symptoms. So I had this version of covid so assume I have the same antibodies.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics