Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Diff Btw Medicaid and Essential Plan

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 8:33 pm
What are the main differences (in terms of what's cost/what's covered) btw Medicaid and the Essential Plan for me and my husband, and CHP for kids?

May switch from Medicaid to Essential Plan/CHP and want to know what the costs are like.

kenz

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 8:36 pm
Call Yeled v’Yaldah marketplace, they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable in this area

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 8:38 pm
kenz wrote:
Call Yeled v’Yaldah marketplace, they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable in this area

I will call them, but I want to hear from someone that actually did it.

zigi

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:07 pm
There are co-pays for visits and adult medications. I did get bills for procedures too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:51 pm
zigi wrote:
There are co-pays for visits and adult medications. I did get bills for procedures too.

Obviously everyone is different, but what is a rough estimate for what you would pay for copays, medicines and procedures for the year? Ballpark amount?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:05 pm
It depends which level essential plan you are on. The monthly premiums range. We paid 40 each for myself and my husbands. We had copays but that’s it. My hospital copay when I gave birth was 250$ I think? And regular doctors appointments were maybe 15$

CHP also ranges. You can pay anywhere from 8$ a month per child to 60$ I think. And there are copays as well. I’m sorry I don’t remember all the details it was a while ago. But it wasn’t a big expense for us. I don’t remember having to pay a lot for anything.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 11:30 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
It depends which level essential plan you are on. The monthly premiums range. We paid 40 each for myself and my husbands. We had copays but that’s it. My hospital copay when I gave birth was 250$ I think? And regular doctors appointments were maybe 15$

CHP also ranges. You can pay anywhere from 8$ a month per child to 60$ I think. And there are copays as well. I’m sorry I don’t remember all the details it was a while ago. But it wasn’t a big expense for us. I don’t remember having to pay a lot for anything.

So if its a while ago, than prob things have changed since then.

Anyone have a more recent experience? like since covid

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 11:45 pm
My experience is a while ago too but I don't think this has changed - there are more doctors accepting medicaid than essential plan. Child health plus seems to go more in line with medicaid or a little less, but adult essential plan much less. However the copays and everything were really low. Just challenging to find people who take it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries