Home

Anything to do with chulent meat?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

paperflowers




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:28 am
I have some meat with the very descriptive name "chulent meat." It's long boneless strips of what I think is flanken. Is there a way to prepare it for a Friday night dish, instead of saving it for chulent? Thank you!
Back to top

LK1




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:30 am
I put it in the oven in a pan of water for a few hours and leave it in until serving.
Back to top

paperflowers




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:30 am
LK1 wrote:
I put it in the oven in a pan of water for a few hours and leave it in until serving.


How much water, what temperature, and do you spice it?
Back to top

esther11




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:32 am
I would definitely do low and slow cooking in liquid, because that would soften a cholent type meat. Add any flavors you like. You can put in water with sliced onions and your favorite spices, or maybe in wine with garlic and herbs? I’m not expert but that’s what I would try!
Back to top

LK1




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:34 am
paperflowers wrote:
How much water, what temperature, and do you spice it?


What I buy comes spiced so I just put in as in. I do it on low like 250.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:37 am
esther11 wrote:
I would definitely do low and slow cooking in liquid, because that would soften a cholent type meat. Add any flavors you like. You can put in water with sliced onions and your favorite spices, or maybe in wine with garlic and herbs? I’m not expert but that’s what I would try!


I would do similar. I would sear it in a little oil in a pot on both sides, then add salt, pepper, garlic (crushed), and onions (diced), maybe a little red wine. I would let it simmer a few hours till really tender.
Back to top

paperflowers




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:38 am
Thanks so much! I’m going to try it. If you have any more tips, please share!
Back to top

amother




Moccasin
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:56 am
I’ve made beef stew with it
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:31 am
recipe from a friend
Marinade overnight:

1 lb cholent meat

1/3 cup soy sauce

One tsp fresh grated ginger (microplane)

3 cloves garlic grated (microplane)

One onion thinly sliced

3 stks green onions thinly sliced

3 tablespoon white sugar

3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil

3 tablespoons sesame seeds

1/4 c rice vinegar or chardonnay

Pour everything in a large pan. Bring to boil, then simmer covered for about an hour. Can boil away some of the liquid at the end if desired.

Serve over rice and steamed broccoli.
Back to top

amother




Cyclamen
 

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 2:11 pm
paperflowers wrote:
I have some meat with the very descriptive name "chulent meat." It's long boneless strips of what I think is flanken. Is there a way to prepare it for a Friday night dish, instead of saving it for chulent? Thank you!


You can put it in a soup, ie split pea, vegetable, mushroom barley..
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Chulent as a side dish
by sa613
2 Thu, Feb 02 2023, 4:46 pm View last post
Is this normal? Is there anything to worry about?
by amother
15 Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:42 am View last post
I don’t know anything about Netflix- Jewish movies?
by amother
8 Sun, Jan 29 2023, 6:15 pm View last post
ISO pickled meat mustard glaze
by amother
0 Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:38 pm View last post
I want to make my Chulent in the oven
by amother
14 Mon, Jan 23 2023, 5:16 am View last post